182,162 University reviews

Caitlin

Sheffield Hallam University

Physical Education and School Sport BSc (Hons)

Although the pandemic made my final year different to what was expected. The staff were very supportive and always were there to offer help and advice when needed. They also understood and took our personal life and wellbeing into consideration and were very understanding.

University of Portsmouth

Criminal Justice (Distance Learning) MSc

Good educational journey. Good and known lecturers. Definitely this academic year was a great challenge. Knowledge that I gained will definitely help me at my job as a Compliance Executive.

Safia

UCEN Manchester

Childhood and Youth Studies (Top-Up) BA (Hons)

Overall experience was difficult because everything went online and I was difficult it was hard because it was not easy to access tutors support online all the time.

Beth

Newman University, Birmingham

Primary Education (5-11) (with recommendation for QTS) FD Progression BA (Hons)

Overall Newman University has done their best to support students over the academic year. It was a real shame students were not allowed to work together and collaborate as peers in person. I think that this has really impacted some students time at University as it can be very lonely and daunting studying alone. However, on the whole staff were supportive and understanding. Most staff provided opportunities and resources to allow students to study effectively from home during lockdown. In regards to value for money, as students have not had access to the same facilities and experiences as usual I understand students frustration as to why the fee is the same as previous years in which they had the full university experience.

Charlotte

University of Worcester

PGCE - Secondary - Physical Education

Course was good, very informative and helped me prepare well for becoming a PE teacher. The support was there when I needed on multiple issues that I faced. The sessions we did at uni came into practice when I was at placement and when visiting me at placement the feedback was detailed

University of East Anglia UEA

Creative Writing and English Literature BA

Since I was not able to be on campus for my second year, I'd have to give a low rating. I felt a bit less motivated since everything was online. But the University always updated students with the recent changes based on government announcements.

Millie

University of Bristol

With COVID there was not enough contact time, support and guidance on how to adapt to technology. The firm term was really really difficult to get used to and it was made worse by not having the in person support to help you with queries. It was hard getting used to the new technology they had for COVID learning. However University of Bristol facilities are amazing. The lecturers are fantastic and are there to help with anything. The uni is in a great place in the heart of the city centre and the biology building itself is brand new with state of the art lab equipment.

Thea

Nottingham Trent University

Ecology and Conservation BSc (Hons)

NTU has been very supportive and understanding of my depleting mental health in the midst of this pandemic and military coup, giving students one on one tutorials with tutors to bring up issues and better our online student experience. The student support has been great, considering I'm not registered to the NHS. However, my course is very field and practical-based, so it would be nice to have international uni fees a bit cheaper when almost everything is delivered online.

Keira

University of Cambridge

Natural Sciences BA (Hons)

Despite Covid-19 preventing in person lectures and normal opportunities for socialising, the experience has been a positive one. I believe the uni has really tried to make the effort to keep up student wellbeing and a decent quality of education, even if it was not ideal. Saying this, having to pay full tuition fees for online lectures is frustrating, but that's not down to the uni as much the government.

Diana

University of Nottingham

American and Canadian Literature, History and Culture BA (Hons)

Everything has been online, although it’s been difficult to navigate online learning, the university have tried their absolute best. Although the support provided at Nottingham is phenomenal, it’s still very different to face to face lectures and hoping in the future we can go back to normality.