The university excels in health science and computing. Teesside also has a great reputation for forensics with more than 20 years of experience in this field, and it is a highly regarded university for animation-related courses.
Teesside University’s research institutes focus on research excellence through its research grand challenges. These are specific missions that are built on a foundation of improving global sustainability, tackling public and civic issues, and helping to build on the resilience and agility of companies, organisations and individuals. The university focuses on three main areas with its research work:
• creating vibrant, cohesive and resilience societies
• forging a smarter, greener industrial economy
• shaping the future of health, care, and wellbeing.
Teesside University students have access to state-of-the-art subject facilities including:
• replica operating theatre, nursing and midwifery simulated classrooms and diagnostic radiography centre
• replica courtroom and police station
• crime scene house
• TV news studio, sound stage and recording studio
• sports therapy clinic and hydrotherapy pool
• green screen and motion capture suite
• jet engine testing labs and distillation process laboratory
• flight simulator