723 York St John University reviews

• York St John University

Illustration BA (Hons)

everyone is helpful course it helpful food is great

i think it helps with it but i cant say for definite

lectures are good but the building doesnt have wifi and doesnt feel like a studio room

amazing so far

Accommodation
What do you think about the safety, condition, location and cost of your accommodation?

amazing, there are a few issues but nothing major

it has everything i have needed so far

gone out a few times, its all new and loud

the ones I've joined are good i'd like to join more

everyone i've contacted has been great

Adam

York St John University

Politics and History BA (Hons)

Have done the best possible given the circumstances in some cases but still cant stick to their own deadlines when it comes to providing information, also communication with the SU needs to improve.

Amber

York St John University

Drama: Education & Community BA (Hons)

Before Covid-19 the University and course was brilliant, however it became a bit more difficult afterwards. This was due to the fact that drama is a practical degree and we had to change a lot of our assessments to virtual or written assessments. The staff have been very supportive throughout, however, and I have still very much enjoyed my time here. The facilities at the University are great- the library is brilliant and we still had access to it and the only library during the lockdowns. All of the staff throughout the Uni are very supportive and helpful. On my course, we have had a lot of workshops with different artists and companies and these have still continued throughout the virtual learning.

Isabella

York St John University

Media Production BA (Hons)

Unfortunately, the pandemic has got in the way of many of the student lifestyle. However, the university has made a conscious effort to provide remote opportunities and social events which has been a nice touch

MBA with Professional Experience

There is a good support and care from the Academic members to engage students online. I can’t wait to study on campus. Although my overall learning experience is positive but I am not very much happy why the students have to pay the full international fees if we are studying online.

Jade

York St John University

I've had a strong start. I'm finding my course very engaging and I'm really enjoying picking up some new content and getting to know some staff and fellow students. My accommodation experiences have been a bit off putting but I cannot fault the university for the actual course. Staff have been friendly and helpful and I'm really engaging with the content. I feel as though there is a lot to take in at first but there is guidance to help adjust to the pace of things. York, as a city, is very beautiful and rich in history and culture. It is very student friendly and has a lot to do (as well as lots of shops, restaurants and bars).

bongo

York St John University

Religion, Philosophy and Ethics BA (Hons)

Lecturers seem to care but cant really do anything to help as they dont really have any power. not much support, you have to do everything yourself and the well being team are good but hard to get through to. You're just a number in this uni. Everything is good until you slip up and nobody can help you and you have no clue on where to start.

Joanne

York St John University

Film and Television Production BA (Hons)

I did my first year at another uni, Solihull College & University Centre, in Birmingham. I couldn't rate that place highly enough. I'm in the last semester of my second year at York St John currently, and honestly I'm finding it really hard to continue coming here right now. I'm finishing my degree no matter what happens, but I just really feel like this university, like so many other big universities these days, is a business. I pay them and they don't care what happens to me as long as the fees and loans are paid to them. I'm just another number. I wish that was different. One thing I will say is that they do offer good trips and stuff.

Marina

Criminology BA (Hons)

Robert

York St John University

Accounting and Finance BA (Hons)