184 Writtle University College reviews

• Writtle University College
03 Jun 14

Certificate of Higher Education in Horticulture

Writtle was once a prestigious institution that commanded respect if you attained a qualification there. Now it is just a name. The students are generally friendly, the staff (non lecturers) are helpful and friendly. I experienced racism, homophobic comments and just general derogatory comments made about not only other staff but also my fellow students from the course lecturers. One horticulture lecturer, which for the point of this rant lets just pretend he is a turf specialist. Had an eye for the students, the younger female ones. Labeled himself the uncle and the one to go drinking with during trips. Also used to like spending time in favourite female students tents. Very huggy and touchy feely. The ritz (Canteen as certainly not good enough to be called much more) is horrendous and I managed to get food poisoning on three occasions in 1year. The library is well stocked, the grounds are magnificent and well worth the visit.

Accommodation
Beth

MSc Veterinary Physiotherapy

This past year has been difficult and I'm not entirely sure that we should be paying our full fees for barely being able to attend uc, I feel like I've not taken in as much this past year and have really struggled with this form of "long distance" learning.

Megan

Maddy

Horticulture BSc (Hons)

Teaching + course is great still top experience for what you get

Gabrielle

Veterinary Physiotherapy MVetPhys

Social aspect at Writtle is depressing, lucky I am enjoying the course otherwise I would of left already

Sian

MSc Veterinary Physiotherapy

not much to do to have fun. Other students aren't very social (expect a very small friend group). Fine if you like to sit in your room alone all the time.

Lene

Writtle University College

Equine Performance and Business Management BSc (Hons)

Malin

Writtle University College

Animal Science BSc (Hons)

Nicholas

Writtle University College

A few ups and downs but always help on hand if needed. Plenty of social events, overall great