Student reviews of Writtle University College

92 Writtle University College reviews

• Writtle University College

Higher Certificate in Agriculture

There is a really good and friendly atmosphere on campus all of the lecturers are really helpful and I am having a fantastic time here. I would certainly recommend this university to anuone who is interested in going to college.

BSc (Hons) Equine Sports Therapy

Mostly enjoyable and interesting experience but some modules/lecturers are a lot less then others. The important modules have great lectures that have real experience and are really helpful. Less useful lectures are included so the best piece of advice would be to carefully choose the options available to avoid disappointment later in the course.

BSc (Hons) Equine Sports Therapy

Make sure you live on campus if you can as it is annoying having to travel to and from campus for lectures etc. Make sure you join the clubs as they are free and a good way to make new friends. Use the gym as it is also free! I think it is great that meals are included in the price for the halls/accommodation.

BSc (Hons) Equine Sports Therapy

Writtle is a really friendly place with a great atmosphere. The SU is always open (weekdays) with friendly staff manning it. There are some clubs and societies but more would be nice! The food in general is good but sometimes can leave something to be desired! Eye candy is not great and the ratio of boys to girls is about 1:4!! The riding facilities and courses are really good but outside of lectures they arent always available!

BSc (Hons) Equine Breeding and Stud Management

Studying at Writtle is fun, you can meet many new people from different countries and everybody you meet is happy to help no matter what the problem is. The staff is very supportive and friendly. It was a good decision to come here.

BSc (Hons) Equine Sports Therapy

Some of the lectures and modules are really good and interesting, however others are not always as good as these. A few of the modules are quite basic and repetitive and are continued through the three years which can get quite boring.

BSc (Hons) Equine Sports Therapy

It is variable between lecturers, some are great some are terrible. The city life is good there are shops, clubs, pubs, bars and good parking. The baa is lacking and not very exciting sometimes and there isnt any therapy equipment to use at main yard on the horses like a spa.. The SU is very informative giving good information on things going on at uni and things to do through facebook, hopefully will end up in my own therapy business.

BSc (Hons) Equine Sports Therapy

I think that Writtle is very good uni and the lecturers are enthusiastic and helpful which has really helped to me to well on my couse and outside of my course I also have such a fun time!

Writtle University College

This is a Good Uni and I am certainly enjoying the experience of learning about animals and science. There is a good social life and learning outcome and let's face it, it becomes what you make it .

BSc (Hons) Equine Studies and Business Management

I have not enjoyed my time at this university at all, I have decided to leave and study somewhere which is more suited to be. The lack of enthusiasm, extremely unhelpful atmosphere and certain teachers upsetting attitudes and clear favouritism shown in class is mainly why I am deciding to leave. I also get spoken to like a child, I think as writtle is also a college they get someone paying 8 and a half grand to study there and college students who are there for free mixed up. I have often come away from yard duties very upset and almost in tears because of the way I am spoken too, I also feel like I have noone to approach about this matter so it is very distressing. I have approached Writtle with concerns when I was thinking about leaving, and I was overwhelmed by the lack of concern and disinterest in what I had to say, this definatly led me to leaving. I do not regret coming to Writtle as I believe I have learnt a lot, but I would never come back, and I certainly will not reccomend them. This is a few reasons why my time at Writtle has not been enjoyable and led me to a lot of stress.