Student reviews of Writtle University College

92 Writtle University College reviews

• Writtle University College

BSc (Hons) Animal Management

Really enjoying my time at Writtle College, i've made so many new friends and met some really interesting people from all over the country and even abroad. The course is interesting and lecturers explain things and are willing to help you with further reading and explaining this if not understood. Social life is good and nights out in town are interesting to say the least! Accommodation is decent enough.

BSc (Hons) Animal Science

Amazing experience, loving every second Interesting lectures Great social life

BSc (Hons) Horticulture

I'm a mature student (early 40's, but young at heart) who is studying a BSc Horticulture at Writtle, part time over 6 years. I don't live on campus so don't participate fully in Uni life and have only seen friends accommodation. If you like a compact, intimate environment, then Writtle is for you. The staff all get to know you really well and I love it when students from other courses say 'hi' to you as you're walking around campus. The lecturers in general have a positive attitude towards their jobs and in the main make time to see you if you have queries with the study. Campus is compact and accommodation is not far from lecture rooms. The SU are fab and very helpful. I also access Learner Services as I have a hearing impairment and they provide a brilliant service to help me. I'd advise coming to an open day as many of the lecturers are there to talk to about courses. Also get a feel for the campus by having a tour on the open day.

BSc (Hons) Equine Breeding and Stud Management

I have loved my time so far at Writtle, I definitely chose the correct uni for what I wanted to do! It is an ideal size - not too small that you cannot move without seeing someone you know, but not too big that you cannot get to know your lecturers. My lecturers have been nothing but supportive, especially when I have had to have time off for operations, everyone was there to help me get back on track! Lordships Stud deserves a special mention as this is where I spend much of my time and the staff there are always amazing and happy to help! The lectures are fun and informative, and lecturers are always around if you need extra help.

Writtle University College

Writtle is a good college for me and suit is what i want to do, i have had lots of really good opportunities given to me and the resources and facilities they have there are really good.

BSc (Hons) Equine Sports Therapy

I really enjoy Writtle college night life. Make sure in Freshers week you do all the activities available to make sure you can meet new people! Join clubs and sports teams because it is a good way to of making new friends and finding people with similar interests and hobbies as you!

Writtle University College

I enjoy my Horticulture course, the facilities and resources are really good and it is a lot of practical work so we can practice our skills and we work on the land in Writtle which means it is real life and not just practicing somewhere.

MA Landscape Architecture

I think that Writtle College is a really good university, especially because it is small and you are not a number as student. And I feel its is important to feel happy at uni otherewise its not as good experience as it can be

Writtle University College

I love my uni life, you get to meet so many people and develop yourself further as a person! Also there are some pretty cool trips! If you are thinking of coming to writtle then save up some money first for all the days out and shopping! As well as investing in some good wellies it is pretty muddy up here :P

BSc (Hons) Agriculture

Writtle college is an excellent university. I have really enjoyed my time here as an agriculture student. The social life is amazing and the best part of being here, the farming facilities are really good and there are always opportunities to get hands on with things around the farm.