Student reviews of Writtle University College

• Writtle University College
AM
Amy McCoy

Veterinary Physiotherapy MVetPhys

My experience has been great. Ive made great friends and really enjoy the canine and equine elements to my course. The tutors ans lecturers are very friendly and easy to talk to.

Lucy

Writtle University College

Equine Behavioural Science BSc (Hons)

I am in my third year, If given the chance I would do it all again. The learning experience is amazing and we get pushed to do what we love. The lecturers are so top of the range and always happy to help. I recommend writtle to people wanting an eye opening academic experience with great facilites.

SM
Sian Murray

Writtle University College

Equine Behavioural Science BSc (Hons)

It has been really amazing. I have learned so much about handling horses, riding, how to become a self employed individual and gaining endless skills and knowledge about my field. As the years go on within the course, it all comes together by the third year and looking back at modules with the wide range of lecturers means that you learn about not only horses but farm animals as well.

EB
Emily Barker

Writtle University College

Equine Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation BSc (Hons)

It has been ok, I have enjoyed the course as a whole and have met some truly wonderful people - however given the chance I don't know if I would choose this uni again

JA
Joshua Abbott

Writtle University College

The University College is in a beautiful landscape and amongst like minded people. The course content allows for different points of view and encourages debate and cohesion between sectors who often disagree. The information is cutting edge and the staff knowledgeable. The lectures are practical, engaging and offer a wide variety of potential for wherever the students want to go in sectors. The ability of a student is tested and encouraged and the amount of extracurricular skills can only be matched by those included in the curriculum. If you want to learn one of these subjects, this is the University College to teach you.

holly

Writtle University College

Equine Performance and Business Management BSc (Hons)

I have really enjoyed my time at university, I have learnt so much and made some amazing friends. the lectures are interesting and you get to know each of the lecturers individually.

sarah

Writtle University College

everything has been great, so much so that I don't want to leave when my course ends! I've made fantastic friends, made so many skills, attended courses and conferences, made great connections in the sector and been well supported by staff. I've been able to work at college and be part of improving the overall experience for others to ensure everyone gets the best from the college. I couldn't have wished for a better experience!

Writtle University College

- invest in ear plugs also as your paper thin walls won't keep out the noise of the guy above you peeing or having fun with his lady friends - don't bother with learner services, they can't be bothered with you - Lecturers: get a tutor, you'll need it! - Food wise buy your own

23 Jul 15

BSc (Hons) Horticulture

I have not enjoyed the academic side of my uni experience at all. The Horticulture degree course is dry and uninspiring, mainly due to the despondency within the staff team. It does not cater for most students but especially part time or mature students. More generally, the college is great, lovely campus and professional staff in most areas, from registry, finance, SU, library and in the food outlets. The accommodation is fairly good but food in the outlets on campus is quite poor. This has always been an issue. Overall I'd recommend the college - just do the Horticulture Degree.

BSc (Hons) Animal Science

Enjoyed every minute of time at Writtle. It has given me confidence, aspirations, motivation and amazing friends. Beautiful campus with amazing facilities, best of both rural and city life. Learnt so much and achieved academically more then I ever thought possible. A life changing experience.