Writtle University College

188 Writtle University College reviews

• Writtle University College
VH
Violet Harper

Animal Management (Zoo and Wildlife Conservation) with Foundation Year BSc (Hons)

Facilities like the library, science labs and areas where the animals are kept are outdated. Location isn't too bad but if you don't drive then you have to use public transport to get into Chelmsford City centre. Village itself is nice but it is limited to a few shops a 2 pubs. Student support is lacking if you have SPLD needs. If you want to live on campus it is cheaper than shared accommodation but for the price you pay for a semester is a joke. The majority of the buildings are outdated, quality of the £4-5K rooms are just atrocious. Don't go by the campus prospectus photos of campus as these were taken a few years back. It's all outdated. Student life is okay if you have the money to spend on events. Events for freshers etc were held in the Baa (unis bar) and its the size of a small village hall that does mediocre events and expensive drinks. Student union are more focused on their events, not really that helpful and barely any of them are approachable bar one or two. Societies? Don't bother unless you're an equine student or a sports student. If you're an older student whose older that 25 or LGBT+ there's little to do unless you want to drink. Overall I'd avoid this University unless you're an equine or agricultural student. Foundation year this year isn't up to the standard of other universities. Try ARU Cambridge or another animal based university.

1 people found this helpful

Megan

Cara

MSc Animal Welfare and Conservation

Complete lack of support. Due to financial issues I cannot afford the travel in to lectures, and I have reached out for support only to be told to drop out. I am in the second year of my Masters, of course I don't want to drop out. I would have wasted thousands of pounds. It is completely unfair that I should not be allowed to study remotely or self-study, and that my "lack of attendance" should affect my grades at the exam boards. I am very disappointed and frankly shocked at the repeated lack of support this university has shown myself and other students.

Equine Performance Science BSc (Hons)

The food is bad, small portions, no ovens in accommodation, dirty. No support from the teachers. The lessons are actually useless. I can find all the information on youtube or google. It’s not worth 10k at all. Don’t go to this university! They have a treadmill in equine facilities and we don’t even get to use it! No trainings, no job prospects.

Maddy

Horticulture BSc (Hons)

Teaching + course is great still top experience for what you get

01 Jul 21

Master of Landscape Architecture (Conversion Course)

I've been terribly disappointed overall. Artistic ability was not described as a pre-requisite but this course has no educational value and is just an assessment of pre-existing artistic talent.

Jamie

Sport and Exercise Science (Coaching) BSc (Hons)

Absolutely shocking, wardens are awful, go to another uni. If you want a hard time then come writtle, if you want a good night out then go elsewhere! Writtle is a small bad uni that release on equine students to keep its ‘small’ community going. The uni is in massive amounts of debt and unless your on a horse related course the uni won’t care

Beth

MSc Veterinary Physiotherapy

This past year has been difficult and I'm not entirely sure that we should be paying our full fees for barely being able to attend uc, I feel like I've not taken in as much this past year and have really struggled with this form of "long distance" learning.

MA Landscape Architecture

An absolutely terrible experience. The university just see students as a source of cash for them to squeeze as hard as they can. I strongly recommend avoiding this establishment.