Writtle University College | Student Reviews

92 Writtle University College reviews

• Writtle University College
Kaile-Louise

Equine Performance and Business Management BSc (Hons)

My experience at WUC has been invaluable. It has not been easy by any stretch of the imagination! Times I have really wanted to give up but having some great friends, a brilliant mother and great tutors im still here with just 84 days left to go! I have been given the oppurtunity to be a student ambassador, student representative and head of events/president of the equine society and all have these have really improved my confidence and really filled out my CV. All in all, there isnt anything I would change about my time here. Im really going to miss it and any chance to be back I will be!

Alice

Equine Performance and Business Management BSc (Hons)

My time at Writtle has been fun, interesting and very informative. I have been able to experience things that I would never have experienced if I had not attended WUC, such as going on trips to establishments that I would not be able to attend if I was not at university and having the opportunity to witness several foals being born, with some having well known sires from the Woodlander stud and Chilli Morning and Cevin Z.

GR
Gayle Richardson
01 Aug 18

Animal Studies (level 4) CertHE

This year I applied for the Level 2- Certificate of dog grooming for assistants, I applied months in advance and was quickly sent an acknowledgment and told I would be contacted with a date for an interview soon. I waited a month, no contact. I sent an email, no response. I sent another email a month before the start of the course, as I was getting anxious at this point, no response. I decided to ring them, the administrator for that course was not in the office and I was told they would contact me the next day, no contact. I rang again the next day, finally got contact! only to be told the course for this year was full and that I had been put on a waiting list, and the next course would not be looked at or interviewed for until Feb next year. I found the communication of the administrators to be extremely disgraceful, unsatisfactory and unprofessional. If a course is full, and there is then a waiting list, I expect to be contacted and made aware of this and not to be kept anxiously waiting for who knows how long. I am very disappointed and annoyed with their level of service.

PD
Pia Digernes

Equine Performance and Business Management BSc (Hons)

Have loved my three years at Writtle, even though it has its ups and downs. The lecturers make up for the somewhat poor facilities, and the social life is great.

KT
Katherine Tuckwell

Writtle University College

Animal Management BSc (Hons)

My uni experience has had its up and downs, no fault to the uni at all. When these issues did arrive the welfare team were there to get me out and calm me down. The work us obviously challenging however has increase my knowledge and allowed me to venture into different topics as well as the chance to go to Africa with the uni to explore what life is like out there. The lecturers have definitely made the uni great, open to chats about anything, With as passion into the industry as we do, increasing the teacher style to a more relatable way and helping with extra tips on how to get the best mark I can. The friends I have now, with all the work we've been through, I hope to keep for the rest my life and I also to hope to get into my dream job at the end of my course.

Hannah

Writtle University College

Equine Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation BSc (Hons)

Social life great. Academic side I wish I went somewhere else. We use the same horses each week, and all 1st and 2nd year we didn’t do anything with them anyway.

KJ
Kira Jarvis

Writtle University College

Animal Management BSc (Hons)

Good really enjoy it a family atmosphere! Lecturers are really nice and everyone helps each other. However exam help more may be needed especially in new options not studied before!

LH
Lauren Hunt

Veterinary Physiotherapy MVetPhys

Excellent - rocky start due to some generic lectures in year 1 to bring everyone up to the same level - but i've improved greatly in 4th year and now carrying out my OSCE exams and think if i continue this hard work i may make it!!

EB
Ellie-Mae Bowman

Writtle University College

Equine Behavioural Science BSc (Hons)

It has been different than my last uni, where I loved the city, people and the student life, however at Writtle I much prefer my course as it is tailored for me.

Maria

Equine Performance and Business Management BSc (Hons)

Better than I expected - the staff have been very supportive both for my physical needs (regards to my disability) and my academic needs. I could not recommend the university enough.