1,470 University of York reviews

• University of York

University of York

Accounting, Business Finance & Management with a Year in Industry BSc (Hons)

Fantastic university, however sports facilities aren't incredible, nor is nightlife. Plenty of opportunities to boost CVs too, as the College system means there's a committee for each college. Not to mention each college's individual spirit makes its students feel incredibly welcome. Overall, the level of study and general student life are unparalelled.

We're given so much careers help from our departments and the careers service.

Some lecturers add very little value to their powerpoint slides, however overall teaching is good.

Very effective and actually cares about the students more than their own status.

Accommodation
What do you think about the safety, condition, location and cost of your accommodation?

Depending on which campus, there is a range from acceptable to outstanding.

Study facilities are amazing, including specialost facilities for each department and dozens of study spaces around campus - not just in the library.

York's weakest point. Not very impressed, especially having visited other universities.

There are some societies which don't take themselves all too seriously, however things such at Central Hall Musical Society are incredible and have an outstanding impact. There are also plenty of societies whose main focus is to improve job prospects for their members.

Outstanding. We have student helplines, a nightwatch, mental health awareness evens and plenty more. I've had plenty of friends who have felt more supported at university than at home.

Megan

Chemistry BSc (Hons)

Personal life has been pretty good because I like my flatmates but online learning has been extremely boring and difficult with not enough communication. I’m sure it would be better in person though.

MSc Corporate Sustainability and Environmental Management

I think given the circumstances, York has done an excellent job at making us feel included and as valued a student as anyone else despite not being on campus. I have learned more this year than I did in my three years at my previous university, due to the excellent teaching and engagement

Isabella

University of York

Although there are still good resources and study spaces, overall the online aspect this year has not been value for money, as online seminars have not taught us the content as well, and there has been little individual support.

Eleanor

Music BA (Hons)

Despite Covid, my lecturers have tried their best. My house and I have managed to make the best of a bad situation, and have overall enjoyed our university experience so far.

Chiara

University of York

English/Philosophy (Equal) BA (Hons)

I didn’t receive the health support I was expecting to have. The University did almost nothing to support international students during this period. I enjoyed my course and the modules I did, but at the same time, doing everything over zoom was quite demanding.

Anjie

University of York

Psychology in Education BSc (Hons)

Because of the pandemic it’s not be even great but aside from just general difficulties with WiFi and things the content was still good. Some lecturers were obviously very lazy but it was all dealt with well

Kirsten

University of York

Politics with International Relations BA (Hons)

While overall I enjoyed York, this year has honestly been terrible. They're not at fault for the pandemic and lockdown rules, but I'm not happy with the refusal of a safety to students in their fourth year, or with the fact that graduation has been cancelled despite all restrictions being due to end in June; it makes absolutely no sense. Not being able to go to lectures in person or use university buildings, as well as the opportunities to make new friends being severely restricted, mean that this year has not been the same at all and was absolutely not worth the money. We shouldn't have been told to go back to university and have been misled by the government all year.

Anastazia

Psychology integrated Masters MSci

I have enjoyed that online learning has allowed me to do university work in my own time but it is sometimes hard to remember what is due when as I cannot communicate with other students on my course in lectures/seminars

Kaitlyn

University of York

Mathematics (4 years) MMath (Hons)

Everyone at York is so supportive and friendly. There are so many different ways to get involved and loads of information provided on career opportunities. I couldn’t imagine myself anywhere else.