1,762 University of Worcester reviews

• University of Worcester
Enohor

University of Worcester

Its really been amazing.I always look forward to the new week. I would also add that the teaching aids, lecturers, international team, student union as well as my course mates have been amazing to work with.

Careers We have a careers team thag is set out yo assist students with their CV's cover letters, reviewing an application before submission. All of which I find helpful as an international student. Also there are career advisers in the university, whom you can discuss with and they'll help guide you in the right path. We also have a careers website dedicated to assist students in their job search. It also gives students access to practice assessment questions. Work placements We have a team also dedicated to help students with work placements. They help out with posting the available internship positions on the website and on the boards at the university. Transferable Skills Every knowledge gotten during my stay so far at school here in Worcester has proven to be transferable and applicable in other environments and conditions.

I like that we get to do group work as well as carry out exercises based on what we've just learnt before going to another topic.

Amazing representatives. We just concluded a "CHANGE WEEK" at the University of Worcester. It is organised by the SU annually to collect feedback from students about the school's performance so far. It was divided into different categories to narrow the experiences, complaints, likes and dislikes of the student. This would then be related back to the university's administration. So I must say the team effort and job is commendable so far.

Excellent. One remarkable thing I would like to mention is the televisions in the reception that show you what classes you have and the location for the class.

Yes it is. About 10 minutes to the High Street, train station and the city centre. It is 17 minutes to my accommodation.

Vast I must say. It's brilliant as there a wide range of societies as well as sport clubs to join or participate in. So i would rate the variety at 5/5

So far its been brilliant. Especially with regards to feedback as it helps you know where your strengths as well as weaknesses lie.

Charlotte

PGCE - Secondary - Physical Education

Course was good, very informative and helped me prepare well for becoming a PE teacher. The support was there when I needed on multiple issues that I faced. The sessions we did at uni came into practice when I was at placement and when visiting me at placement the feedback was detailed

Danielle

University of Worcester

Although being in a pandemic has certainly made my second year at university a lot different to what I originally expected, the University of Worcester have made me feel supported along the way regardless. The campus facilities have always been good to go and study in, there’s a wide range of help available and my course, Law LLB, has been amazing despite everything. My lecturers have been really supportive but also delivered content on time and clearly despite everything being online. There is always enough time for them to help me and overall my whole experience has been positive.

Danielle

University of Worcester

I have enjoyed every module and the support offered, it has been intellectually challenging with lots of support where I have needed it. I have gotten involved with multiple societies which has been very beneficial, and supported with mock interviews to get a graduate job.

University of Worcester

Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons)

Limited online contact time, too few lectures but lots of online group work. That hasn’t worked well, people feel uncomfortable, don’t have a suitable environment to participate from, poor internet etc. High staff turnover and absences of staff since starting the course is concerning.

Lucy

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

Amazing students' union. Some amazing tutors, some have not adapted well to online learning though with technical issues causes lots of disruptions and disengaged learning. Some tutors have been lacking with assignment support. Amazing well-being support and academic support options.

rupi

PGCE - Primary Mathematics

The University has been very supportive and responsive during this period. All students have PATs that they can discuss any University related concerns. Firstpoint is another resource available to students to help with any concern, needs or just someone to help steer you in the direction of assistance that you need.

Kelly

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

I feel that, although majority has been online, most lecturers have adapted well to this approach and have managed to make the experience as engaging and as “normal” as possible

arron

University of Worcester

Clinical Psychology BSc (Hons)

A lack of respect and academic integrity left me feeling like a customer more than a student. Being provided the bare minimum product throughout second and third year, just to satisfy governmental requirements. I have had no communication from my course since our last lecture, with no goodbye message and no discussions about what comes next. Some lecturers were amazing and instilled enthusiasm for the subjects while others dismissed all interaction and opted to play pre-recorded sessions. And then have the audacity to state that we had it better off this year due to being able to watch the recordings again. The way online teaching was handled made me want to drop out several times and if not for the provision of mental health services I would have.

University of Worcester

Sports and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

Some modules handled the online learning better than others - overall I am content with content delivery though. Sports clubs and the SU have been a slight let down though. I'm also disappointed that I've paid a few months of rent whilst I wasn't living in the house -so that's some money I'm not seeing again. COVID relief funds by the SU were also rather bias - aka if you were in your overdraft (probably due to reckless spending) then you'd be granted money which I though was unfair for students struggling or who had reasonably used their money. I don't think my academic year was 100% worth what I have paid for, but I highly doubt I'm seeing that money again either.