1,762 University of Worcester reviews

• University of Worcester
Karin

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

I have loved my uni experience so far. It's been both rocky and smooth sailing, but overall I've learned a lot and enjoyed my time while studying. All of the events at the university are the cherry on top in between studies and they create a nice balance between work and free time. My lecturers are some of the kindest people I've met here and the staff are always so polite and nice.

Client briefs to simulate the process in a workplace, and getting feedback from the client as well on how you did. Encouraging to research different design agencies and studios. Going abroad to meet some of the designers and get a feel of their work.

We have a lot of coursework and lecturers don't check with each other about how much work we're doing. Some modules have been rushed through because we've run out of time. Our lecturers are genuinely interested in the subjects they teach and that enthusiasm is passed onto us. Lecturers always offer to help with even the smallest of tasks and they support us all the way through projects.

The facilities are well maintained and overall enjoyable spaces. Student representation is a big thing, with elections and activities all through the school year

Well maintained and taken care of. Up to date and pleasing interior-wise.

Both the campuses are within a decent walking distance from each other, and my current accommodation is almost right in between them both

A big variety to choose from so everyone definitely has got something they like on there, and you can always start your own society if you can't find you like on the existing ones

You will get a response by email in either a couple of hours or a couple of minutes, lecturers are always helpful and are ready to offer tutorials if needed. They have an endless amount of support for their students which really builds confidence.

Charlotte

PGCE - Secondary - Physical Education

Course was good, very informative and helped me prepare well for becoming a PE teacher. The support was there when I needed on multiple issues that I faced. The sessions we did at uni came into practice when I was at placement and when visiting me at placement the feedback was detailed

Danielle

University of Worcester

Although being in a pandemic has certainly made my second year at university a lot different to what I originally expected, the University of Worcester have made me feel supported along the way regardless. The campus facilities have always been good to go and study in, there’s a wide range of help available and my course, Law LLB, has been amazing despite everything. My lecturers have been really supportive but also delivered content on time and clearly despite everything being online. There is always enough time for them to help me and overall my whole experience has been positive.

Danielle

University of Worcester

I have enjoyed every module and the support offered, it has been intellectually challenging with lots of support where I have needed it. I have gotten involved with multiple societies which has been very beneficial, and supported with mock interviews to get a graduate job.

University of Worcester

Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons)

Limited online contact time, too few lectures but lots of online group work. That hasn’t worked well, people feel uncomfortable, don’t have a suitable environment to participate from, poor internet etc. High staff turnover and absences of staff since starting the course is concerning.

Lucy

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

Amazing students' union. Some amazing tutors, some have not adapted well to online learning though with technical issues causes lots of disruptions and disengaged learning. Some tutors have been lacking with assignment support. Amazing well-being support and academic support options.

rupi

PGCE - Primary Mathematics

The University has been very supportive and responsive during this period. All students have PATs that they can discuss any University related concerns. Firstpoint is another resource available to students to help with any concern, needs or just someone to help steer you in the direction of assistance that you need.

Kelly

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

I feel that, although majority has been online, most lecturers have adapted well to this approach and have managed to make the experience as engaging and as “normal” as possible

arron

University of Worcester

Clinical Psychology BSc (Hons)

A lack of respect and academic integrity left me feeling like a customer more than a student. Being provided the bare minimum product throughout second and third year, just to satisfy governmental requirements. I have had no communication from my course since our last lecture, with no goodbye message and no discussions about what comes next. Some lecturers were amazing and instilled enthusiasm for the subjects while others dismissed all interaction and opted to play pre-recorded sessions. And then have the audacity to state that we had it better off this year due to being able to watch the recordings again. The way online teaching was handled made me want to drop out several times and if not for the provision of mental health services I would have.

University of Worcester

Sports and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

Some modules handled the online learning better than others - overall I am content with content delivery though. Sports clubs and the SU have been a slight let down though. I'm also disappointed that I've paid a few months of rent whilst I wasn't living in the house -so that's some money I'm not seeing again. COVID relief funds by the SU were also rather bias - aka if you were in your overdraft (probably due to reckless spending) then you'd be granted money which I though was unfair for students struggling or who had reasonably used their money. I don't think my academic year was 100% worth what I have paid for, but I highly doubt I'm seeing that money again either.