1,762 University of Worcester reviews

• University of Worcester
Klara

University of Worcester

Sport & Exercise Psychology BSc (Hons)

My university experience has its cons and prons as everything. I've had amazing time around the univeristy which enables me to grown as a person myself. Regarding the academic univeristy stuff, I found it extremely easy in my first two years. Easy to the extent that I was crying how unchallening it was. However, I'm still glad I made the decisin to start studying at the university beacuse I know everyone had only the best interests in their heart and tried to help us as much they could. I also believe the course I am doing has changed a lot since I started therefore I would still recommend to give it a try. It will enable you to grown as a person a lot and will offer you amazing opportunities to put on your CV.

They are several options , you can attend different kind of workshops, there are 1-2-1 advisor meetings you can book, there is a Worcester Award to recognise outstanding students with their employability skills, there are volunteering options and job vacancies adverstised at the uni in variety of ways from emails to special events.

I do not like the way how the things we learn are only theoretical. They are some exeptions when the lecturer is outstanding in his or her teching skills and they personally recognise the need to teach us some practical skills but otherwise there are no placements or any kind of practice for psychology students. I also do not like how the sport and the psychology parts of my degree did not link together until my third year. I do like my third year when we finally get to work on our own projects, however the third year could use more rich range of modules to offer.

They are the best. If there is one thing working well at the uni, then it is for sure the Student Union. Well done to them.

I believe they are good enough considering how small uni we are. I won't lie, I've seen better ones but they are sufficient here.

Great location. That was the n.1 priority for me when picking my accommodation.

The university offers a great variety of societies and sports and moreover, it is extremely easy to start your own if you feel like anything is missing in the list.

The support at the uni depends highly on the person you get in touch with. Majority of the people, especially in the student services only send emails from to another and do not actually resolve anything (but that's kind of a major society problem, not only our uni is affected). The more this is true, the more I have to appreciate the work of the few persons who do actually get things done. Those are the ones who are making the uni a nice place to live and who deserve the credits for turning things around. Regarding the academic staff, i cannot complain. Everyone is extremely helpful and professional at the same time.

Charlotte

PGCE - Secondary - Physical Education

Course was good, very informative and helped me prepare well for becoming a PE teacher. The support was there when I needed on multiple issues that I faced. The sessions we did at uni came into practice when I was at placement and when visiting me at placement the feedback was detailed

Danielle

University of Worcester

Although being in a pandemic has certainly made my second year at university a lot different to what I originally expected, the University of Worcester have made me feel supported along the way regardless. The campus facilities have always been good to go and study in, there’s a wide range of help available and my course, Law LLB, has been amazing despite everything. My lecturers have been really supportive but also delivered content on time and clearly despite everything being online. There is always enough time for them to help me and overall my whole experience has been positive.

Danielle

University of Worcester

I have enjoyed every module and the support offered, it has been intellectually challenging with lots of support where I have needed it. I have gotten involved with multiple societies which has been very beneficial, and supported with mock interviews to get a graduate job.

University of Worcester

Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons)

Limited online contact time, too few lectures but lots of online group work. That hasn’t worked well, people feel uncomfortable, don’t have a suitable environment to participate from, poor internet etc. High staff turnover and absences of staff since starting the course is concerning.

Lucy

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

Amazing students' union. Some amazing tutors, some have not adapted well to online learning though with technical issues causes lots of disruptions and disengaged learning. Some tutors have been lacking with assignment support. Amazing well-being support and academic support options.

rupi

PGCE - Primary Mathematics

The University has been very supportive and responsive during this period. All students have PATs that they can discuss any University related concerns. Firstpoint is another resource available to students to help with any concern, needs or just someone to help steer you in the direction of assistance that you need.

Kelly

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

I feel that, although majority has been online, most lecturers have adapted well to this approach and have managed to make the experience as engaging and as “normal” as possible

arron

University of Worcester

Clinical Psychology BSc (Hons)

A lack of respect and academic integrity left me feeling like a customer more than a student. Being provided the bare minimum product throughout second and third year, just to satisfy governmental requirements. I have had no communication from my course since our last lecture, with no goodbye message and no discussions about what comes next. Some lecturers were amazing and instilled enthusiasm for the subjects while others dismissed all interaction and opted to play pre-recorded sessions. And then have the audacity to state that we had it better off this year due to being able to watch the recordings again. The way online teaching was handled made me want to drop out several times and if not for the provision of mental health services I would have.

University of Worcester

Sports and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

Some modules handled the online learning better than others - overall I am content with content delivery though. Sports clubs and the SU have been a slight let down though. I'm also disappointed that I've paid a few months of rent whilst I wasn't living in the house -so that's some money I'm not seeing again. COVID relief funds by the SU were also rather bias - aka if you were in your overdraft (probably due to reckless spending) then you'd be granted money which I though was unfair for students struggling or who had reasonably used their money. I don't think my academic year was 100% worth what I have paid for, but I highly doubt I'm seeing that money again either.