1,762 University of Worcester reviews

• University of Worcester
Jessica

University of Worcester

University so far has been the best decision I’ve made. I’m really happy with my degree, I’m learning new topics all the time, I’m being challenged and I love it! I’ve made the most wonderful friends and the university is just fantastic as a whole, the facilities are brilliant

I’m only a first year student so I don’t know about employment. But on sole through myday, I have always seen support showing for these topic areas and guidance. There’s always help from staff at the drop ins over at Pearson to help any questions regarding these topic areas!

I like most learning new topic areas, there’s a huge transition of learning a-level biology to degree level, so having a challenge is great and the support of teachers when I don’t know the answer I appreciate hugely. I dislike the ‘talking at’ for 4 hours in lectures. Interaction helps massively with learning, it’s very easy to zone out at this point

The students union is a wonderful idea. It’s a comfy and chilled space where you can just relax, and at uni that’s exactly what you need at times! There’s a cafe, the shop and a bar upstairs to the hanger so the amenities are there for everyone at anytime. It’s a great social space to interact with other students and make new friends!

Facilities are wonderful. It’s quite a small university but there’s everything there you need from quiet working space, variety of lecture rooms, 3 coffee cafes which all sell good food, the uni has the perfect facilities.

Perfect location. On site shop and a co op just behind the grounds of the university is perfect. Town and the hive is only a 10-15 minute walk, you have great amenities everywhere!

The variety enables there to be something for everyone. A lot of people really enjoy the sports at uni, it’s lovely to see the passion behind Worcester warriors particularly. Gives a chance for everyone to learn their degree but have a hobby on the side!

Can always email and arrange meetings with tutors. This provides great support always. They may not always get back to you straight away with their busy schedules but they do eventually. Personally feedback has taken a long time to get back to me, but dependant on course and amount of students it can be difficult.

Charlotte

PGCE - Secondary - Physical Education

Course was good, very informative and helped me prepare well for becoming a PE teacher. The support was there when I needed on multiple issues that I faced. The sessions we did at uni came into practice when I was at placement and when visiting me at placement the feedback was detailed

Danielle

University of Worcester

Although being in a pandemic has certainly made my second year at university a lot different to what I originally expected, the University of Worcester have made me feel supported along the way regardless. The campus facilities have always been good to go and study in, there’s a wide range of help available and my course, Law LLB, has been amazing despite everything. My lecturers have been really supportive but also delivered content on time and clearly despite everything being online. There is always enough time for them to help me and overall my whole experience has been positive.

Danielle

University of Worcester

I have enjoyed every module and the support offered, it has been intellectually challenging with lots of support where I have needed it. I have gotten involved with multiple societies which has been very beneficial, and supported with mock interviews to get a graduate job.

University of Worcester

Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons)

Limited online contact time, too few lectures but lots of online group work. That hasn’t worked well, people feel uncomfortable, don’t have a suitable environment to participate from, poor internet etc. High staff turnover and absences of staff since starting the course is concerning.

Lucy

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

Amazing students' union. Some amazing tutors, some have not adapted well to online learning though with technical issues causes lots of disruptions and disengaged learning. Some tutors have been lacking with assignment support. Amazing well-being support and academic support options.

rupi

PGCE - Primary Mathematics

The University has been very supportive and responsive during this period. All students have PATs that they can discuss any University related concerns. Firstpoint is another resource available to students to help with any concern, needs or just someone to help steer you in the direction of assistance that you need.

Kelly

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

I feel that, although majority has been online, most lecturers have adapted well to this approach and have managed to make the experience as engaging and as “normal” as possible

arron

University of Worcester

Clinical Psychology BSc (Hons)

A lack of respect and academic integrity left me feeling like a customer more than a student. Being provided the bare minimum product throughout second and third year, just to satisfy governmental requirements. I have had no communication from my course since our last lecture, with no goodbye message and no discussions about what comes next. Some lecturers were amazing and instilled enthusiasm for the subjects while others dismissed all interaction and opted to play pre-recorded sessions. And then have the audacity to state that we had it better off this year due to being able to watch the recordings again. The way online teaching was handled made me want to drop out several times and if not for the provision of mental health services I would have.

University of Worcester

Sports and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

Some modules handled the online learning better than others - overall I am content with content delivery though. Sports clubs and the SU have been a slight let down though. I'm also disappointed that I've paid a few months of rent whilst I wasn't living in the house -so that's some money I'm not seeing again. COVID relief funds by the SU were also rather bias - aka if you were in your overdraft (probably due to reckless spending) then you'd be granted money which I though was unfair for students struggling or who had reasonably used their money. I don't think my academic year was 100% worth what I have paid for, but I highly doubt I'm seeing that money again either.