1,762 University of Worcester reviews

• University of Worcester
Jasmine

Social Work BA (Hons)

I’ve spent 1/3 of year 2 and I’m halfway through year 3 at UOW, my experience has been very good. I am very pleased with the level of support and guidance offered and I was made to feel very welcome when I joined halfway through the course following a difficult time at a different university.

We have had guest speakers attend to educate us as students on the programmes available such as the ASYE for newly qualified social workers. We have also had lectures where we have rehearsed interviews and answered potential interview questions. I’ve recently received an email about employment and have been made aware of resources on how to improve my CV. There is definitely a lot of support.

I enjoy face - face lectures which includes guest speakers and group work to improve interaction and relationships within the course group. I’m unsure of the “virtual classroom” method of teaching as it doesn’t have the same level of engagement or person centred teaching approach.

Very good as far as I know. I know who my student rep is and I can go to her with any questions or queries to bring up at the meetings she attends.

Excellent. I’m really please with all of the facilities the university offers such as library’s, computers, canteens (with amazing food). I can’t fault it.

My university is around 40 minutes from my home in Redditch. There is heavy traffic travelling by car through Worcester centre so my journey usually takes me an hour. I think the university is in an excellent location and easy to find. I believe the accommodation is also very close to the local town and community.

I believe the university offers a range of courses and lots of clubs to get involved in.

Excellent.

Charlotte

PGCE - Secondary - Physical Education

Course was good, very informative and helped me prepare well for becoming a PE teacher. The support was there when I needed on multiple issues that I faced. The sessions we did at uni came into practice when I was at placement and when visiting me at placement the feedback was detailed

Danielle

University of Worcester

Although being in a pandemic has certainly made my second year at university a lot different to what I originally expected, the University of Worcester have made me feel supported along the way regardless. The campus facilities have always been good to go and study in, there’s a wide range of help available and my course, Law LLB, has been amazing despite everything. My lecturers have been really supportive but also delivered content on time and clearly despite everything being online. There is always enough time for them to help me and overall my whole experience has been positive.

Danielle

University of Worcester

I have enjoyed every module and the support offered, it has been intellectually challenging with lots of support where I have needed it. I have gotten involved with multiple societies which has been very beneficial, and supported with mock interviews to get a graduate job.

University of Worcester

Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons)

Limited online contact time, too few lectures but lots of online group work. That hasn’t worked well, people feel uncomfortable, don’t have a suitable environment to participate from, poor internet etc. High staff turnover and absences of staff since starting the course is concerning.

Lucy

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

Amazing students' union. Some amazing tutors, some have not adapted well to online learning though with technical issues causes lots of disruptions and disengaged learning. Some tutors have been lacking with assignment support. Amazing well-being support and academic support options.

rupi

PGCE - Primary Mathematics

The University has been very supportive and responsive during this period. All students have PATs that they can discuss any University related concerns. Firstpoint is another resource available to students to help with any concern, needs or just someone to help steer you in the direction of assistance that you need.

Kelly

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

I feel that, although majority has been online, most lecturers have adapted well to this approach and have managed to make the experience as engaging and as “normal” as possible

arron

University of Worcester

Clinical Psychology BSc (Hons)

A lack of respect and academic integrity left me feeling like a customer more than a student. Being provided the bare minimum product throughout second and third year, just to satisfy governmental requirements. I have had no communication from my course since our last lecture, with no goodbye message and no discussions about what comes next. Some lecturers were amazing and instilled enthusiasm for the subjects while others dismissed all interaction and opted to play pre-recorded sessions. And then have the audacity to state that we had it better off this year due to being able to watch the recordings again. The way online teaching was handled made me want to drop out several times and if not for the provision of mental health services I would have.

University of Worcester

Sports and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

Some modules handled the online learning better than others - overall I am content with content delivery though. Sports clubs and the SU have been a slight let down though. I'm also disappointed that I've paid a few months of rent whilst I wasn't living in the house -so that's some money I'm not seeing again. COVID relief funds by the SU were also rather bias - aka if you were in your overdraft (probably due to reckless spending) then you'd be granted money which I though was unfair for students struggling or who had reasonably used their money. I don't think my academic year was 100% worth what I have paid for, but I highly doubt I'm seeing that money again either.