1,762 University of Worcester reviews

• University of Worcester
Abbie

University of Worcester

Physical Education BSc (Hons)

I live the university and I personally wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. I think it suits me perfectly! If anyone was thinking about coming to Worcester, I would 100% recommend it!

Course includes many placement opportunities. Gives us the opportunity to gain various qualifications away from the uni course that will help us to get a career.

I really like the lecturers - they are all so understanding and helpful. My course also has a great balance between practical and theory lectures and seminars. The only thing I wish could be improved is the time we find out about assignments- sometimes you feel like you are rushing because you haven’t been told early enough about an essay you have to write, for example.

SU is very up to date and keeps us in the know about everything that is going on. Facilities cater for everyone. They put on various events across the year and there’s always something for everybody.

Facilities cater for everyone. There’s always multiple of everything so there isn’t too much queuing to all use the same thing.

A superb location - not too far away from anywhere. Town and the library is about a 10-15 minute walk away from St. john’s Campus. Each area of the uni is fairly close to one another.

Excellent. As part of two university sports BUCS teams, I can highly recommend the level of completion, standard of coaching and availability of court space or pitch for when you want to get in some extra practice. Training and game times are perfectly organised so you don’t need to miss any work or lectures.

We have PATS (personal academic tutors) and they are always available for anything you need. Whether it’s an academic question you want answering or jsit a chat about anything that’s troubling you. They are always there to listen and it really helps to know that you have someone there when times may be getting difficult or even if you have good news to tell them. They will always be there for you. With regards to feedback regarding work, it is all done online and that way everyone can recurve their feedback at the same time and it’s easy for them to get it wherever you are.

Charlotte

PGCE - Secondary - Physical Education

Course was good, very informative and helped me prepare well for becoming a PE teacher. The support was there when I needed on multiple issues that I faced. The sessions we did at uni came into practice when I was at placement and when visiting me at placement the feedback was detailed

Danielle

University of Worcester

Although being in a pandemic has certainly made my second year at university a lot different to what I originally expected, the University of Worcester have made me feel supported along the way regardless. The campus facilities have always been good to go and study in, there’s a wide range of help available and my course, Law LLB, has been amazing despite everything. My lecturers have been really supportive but also delivered content on time and clearly despite everything being online. There is always enough time for them to help me and overall my whole experience has been positive.

Danielle

University of Worcester

I have enjoyed every module and the support offered, it has been intellectually challenging with lots of support where I have needed it. I have gotten involved with multiple societies which has been very beneficial, and supported with mock interviews to get a graduate job.

University of Worcester

Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons)

Limited online contact time, too few lectures but lots of online group work. That hasn’t worked well, people feel uncomfortable, don’t have a suitable environment to participate from, poor internet etc. High staff turnover and absences of staff since starting the course is concerning.

Lucy

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

Amazing students' union. Some amazing tutors, some have not adapted well to online learning though with technical issues causes lots of disruptions and disengaged learning. Some tutors have been lacking with assignment support. Amazing well-being support and academic support options.

rupi

PGCE - Primary Mathematics

The University has been very supportive and responsive during this period. All students have PATs that they can discuss any University related concerns. Firstpoint is another resource available to students to help with any concern, needs or just someone to help steer you in the direction of assistance that you need.

Kelly

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

I feel that, although majority has been online, most lecturers have adapted well to this approach and have managed to make the experience as engaging and as “normal” as possible

arron

University of Worcester

Clinical Psychology BSc (Hons)

A lack of respect and academic integrity left me feeling like a customer more than a student. Being provided the bare minimum product throughout second and third year, just to satisfy governmental requirements. I have had no communication from my course since our last lecture, with no goodbye message and no discussions about what comes next. Some lecturers were amazing and instilled enthusiasm for the subjects while others dismissed all interaction and opted to play pre-recorded sessions. And then have the audacity to state that we had it better off this year due to being able to watch the recordings again. The way online teaching was handled made me want to drop out several times and if not for the provision of mental health services I would have.

University of Worcester

Sports and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

Some modules handled the online learning better than others - overall I am content with content delivery though. Sports clubs and the SU have been a slight let down though. I'm also disappointed that I've paid a few months of rent whilst I wasn't living in the house -so that's some money I'm not seeing again. COVID relief funds by the SU were also rather bias - aka if you were in your overdraft (probably due to reckless spending) then you'd be granted money which I though was unfair for students struggling or who had reasonably used their money. I don't think my academic year was 100% worth what I have paid for, but I highly doubt I'm seeing that money again either.