1,762 University of Worcester reviews

• University of Worcester

University of Worcester

Creative Writing and Screenwriting BA (Hons)

So far my experience has been incredible. The chance to live independently and make lot of new friends along the way. My course has helped prepare ma for the real world and how to handle money and understand how things that we were never taught about in school, such as tax and insurance. It has also allowed me to develop as a person by living with others and learning to get along and always find some form of middle ground in any dispute, thankfully I havent had many of those.

It offers fantastic opportunities to participate in extra curricular activities whilst studying at the university. One scheme I have found particularly helpful is the bronze silver and gold Worcester award, which motivates students to boost their cv and gain experience in the real world through volunteering, joining a club or society, getting a part time job whilst studying and many other options.

I like How interactive my course can be however, I do wish it was far more ‘hands on’, working with people who are in the industry and have gone through what we are going through. My course can be a difficult one to get into, industry wise, however it does provide a variety of opportunities. What I like most about the way we are taught is that we look at how what we do relates to real life, and the things we write now can be published rather than just waiting until the degree is over to figure out what we can do with our work. Nothing is wasted.

It’s brilliant. It’s very welcoming, anyone and everyone is involved, it’s very pro-active with the students and they listen to what is being said, and what is going on within the community, both student and public.

Very good, they are open to the students when they need them, there is a 24hr computer room for students to write their essays in. Living in halls for the first year I found that everything I needed was on campus when I needed it.

The city life can vary, amongst students there is a wild nightlife that is brilliant for freshers, and after the partying has cooled down there are many student friendly area for people to hang out in and visit, lots of cafes and bars. There’s usually something going on in the city so there’s no time to get bored.

There is such a variety of clubs and societies. From the ones I have met, which are a fair few, they are all warm and welcoming to any new comers, the most popular being the American football team and the ruby team. If there isn’t something that appeals to you, make your own. If you can get enough people on board then you can make your own society and make loads of new friends as well as add it to your CV.

The support from the university is fantastic. Communication for any issue you have is easy to access and quick to respond. Especially if you’re living in halls, maintenance is key and the maintenance team are incredibly fast responders. There are many facilities available for help, even a bike maintenance team who will check and fix your bike at the university for free, they are about every weekend and sometimes during the week. Tutors are very good at ensuring students are well and working up to speed and ensuring that you are comfortable at the speed you are learning and are willing to adapt to fit your needs.

Charlotte

PGCE - Secondary - Physical Education

Course was good, very informative and helped me prepare well for becoming a PE teacher. The support was there when I needed on multiple issues that I faced. The sessions we did at uni came into practice when I was at placement and when visiting me at placement the feedback was detailed

Danielle

University of Worcester

Although being in a pandemic has certainly made my second year at university a lot different to what I originally expected, the University of Worcester have made me feel supported along the way regardless. The campus facilities have always been good to go and study in, there’s a wide range of help available and my course, Law LLB, has been amazing despite everything. My lecturers have been really supportive but also delivered content on time and clearly despite everything being online. There is always enough time for them to help me and overall my whole experience has been positive.

Danielle

University of Worcester

I have enjoyed every module and the support offered, it has been intellectually challenging with lots of support where I have needed it. I have gotten involved with multiple societies which has been very beneficial, and supported with mock interviews to get a graduate job.

University of Worcester

Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons)

Limited online contact time, too few lectures but lots of online group work. That hasn’t worked well, people feel uncomfortable, don’t have a suitable environment to participate from, poor internet etc. High staff turnover and absences of staff since starting the course is concerning.

Lucy

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

Amazing students' union. Some amazing tutors, some have not adapted well to online learning though with technical issues causes lots of disruptions and disengaged learning. Some tutors have been lacking with assignment support. Amazing well-being support and academic support options.

rupi

PGCE - Primary Mathematics

The University has been very supportive and responsive during this period. All students have PATs that they can discuss any University related concerns. Firstpoint is another resource available to students to help with any concern, needs or just someone to help steer you in the direction of assistance that you need.

Kelly

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

I feel that, although majority has been online, most lecturers have adapted well to this approach and have managed to make the experience as engaging and as “normal” as possible

arron

University of Worcester

Clinical Psychology BSc (Hons)

A lack of respect and academic integrity left me feeling like a customer more than a student. Being provided the bare minimum product throughout second and third year, just to satisfy governmental requirements. I have had no communication from my course since our last lecture, with no goodbye message and no discussions about what comes next. Some lecturers were amazing and instilled enthusiasm for the subjects while others dismissed all interaction and opted to play pre-recorded sessions. And then have the audacity to state that we had it better off this year due to being able to watch the recordings again. The way online teaching was handled made me want to drop out several times and if not for the provision of mental health services I would have.

University of Worcester

Sports and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

Some modules handled the online learning better than others - overall I am content with content delivery though. Sports clubs and the SU have been a slight let down though. I'm also disappointed that I've paid a few months of rent whilst I wasn't living in the house -so that's some money I'm not seeing again. COVID relief funds by the SU were also rather bias - aka if you were in your overdraft (probably due to reckless spending) then you'd be granted money which I though was unfair for students struggling or who had reasonably used their money. I don't think my academic year was 100% worth what I have paid for, but I highly doubt I'm seeing that money again either.