1,762 University of Worcester reviews

• University of Worcester

University of Worcester

Occupational Therapy BSc (Hons)

So far, I love my university life and have learnt so much. I have made amazing friends and had so many new experiences with them. The university made my transaction into life as a uni student easy and I have no regrets about choosing Worcester.

It provides career workshops and meetings to help give personal advice. My course (and many others) have very good work placements that give you experience and attractive skills. The Worcester Award is something that would be attractive to employers and it is accessible for every student.

There is a wide range of ways in which we are taught. Lectures, seminars, guest speakers, videos, polls, tests, tutorials etc. There are lots of learning resources made/available via the lecturers, and they will personally help you with any questions you have. They are aware people learn in different ways... and while this sometimes means the teaching technique doesn't always fit my learning style, the majority of the time it does.

My students union has lots going on and lots to support and get involved with. I don't get involved much more than the volunteering as I find I do more activities with housemates and course mates than societies. I have been a part of some but I think that sometimes not being able to attend made it seem unwise financially as in this University we pay for a whole semester regardless of how often you attend. I would prefer a pay as you go system if one was made possible.

Accommodation
What do you think about the safety, condition, location and cost of your accommodation?

My accommodation is spacious, well-equipped and well-maintained. I am in a University managed house, and this has meant I have free parking, washing machine etc. This has been a huge advantage for me and has saved money for me and my housemates. This type of accommodation has also allowed me to be closer to my housemates and it is a very safe and friendly environment. The accommodation is reasonably priced and close to campus. Worcester University's accommodation team is useful, reliable and friendly.

I think the University has a very good student support facility in 'Firstpoint'. This is a very well organised facility that I and my friends use regularly from advice about mental health to electrical maintenance to giving recommendations for reputable landlords. The University also has two large gyms which are free for first years. The sports centre is well equipped, as well as there being music rooms you can use. There are multiple places to eat which I use regularly. Free activities such as table tennis on campus. And most useful is the large study area full of tables and countless computers, with a separate zone for silent study. This is so helpful and everyone uses it. The Hive library is also a well organised system whereby you may access books online ans in person with ease. There are also librarians for each area of study who can help you find the perfect material for your course.

I love the city life, its not too busy to make you feels isolated but its lively enough that everyone enjoys going into the city countless times. The nightlife is very good and affordable for students! There are so many places to eat and you can walk into the city easily from campus. Worcester is very beautiful and is spacious so even in peak shopping time you're not being overcrowded. Transport is good and taxi prices are reasonable. It's a safe, yet exciting city and everyone is so friendly. You make friends everywhere, especially on a night out.

There is a wide range of clubs and societies which meet at convenient times. I believe people within societies make very close friendship groups here, and the societies all organise very regular nights out in the city and on campus. Some societies do trips within the UK to different locations: Varying from places such as South West Wales and London. I think that some societies should have a pay as you go scheme if they have a greater number of events that would mean you would miss out on certain events if you are busy, because the current system is to pay for a semester or two semesters.

Academic tutors and lecturers are very supportive on my course. They arrange private meetings if you want, they give you a lot of preparation for assignments and are very concerned about their students' welfare. They also give lots of feedback and give personal advice. Personal support from counsellors etc is of good standard but unfortunately not good availability. I am aware of some people who have struggled to get an appointment at all, this is of course due to there being times of the yer especially around exam week, where the counsellors are overloaded. However, it is still something that needs revising as student welfare is greatly impacted by how supported they are. Access should be improved.

Charlotte

PGCE - Secondary - Physical Education

Course was good, very informative and helped me prepare well for becoming a PE teacher. The support was there when I needed on multiple issues that I faced. The sessions we did at uni came into practice when I was at placement and when visiting me at placement the feedback was detailed

Danielle

University of Worcester

Although being in a pandemic has certainly made my second year at university a lot different to what I originally expected, the University of Worcester have made me feel supported along the way regardless. The campus facilities have always been good to go and study in, there’s a wide range of help available and my course, Law LLB, has been amazing despite everything. My lecturers have been really supportive but also delivered content on time and clearly despite everything being online. There is always enough time for them to help me and overall my whole experience has been positive.

Danielle

University of Worcester

I have enjoyed every module and the support offered, it has been intellectually challenging with lots of support where I have needed it. I have gotten involved with multiple societies which has been very beneficial, and supported with mock interviews to get a graduate job.

University of Worcester

Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons)

Limited online contact time, too few lectures but lots of online group work. That hasn’t worked well, people feel uncomfortable, don’t have a suitable environment to participate from, poor internet etc. High staff turnover and absences of staff since starting the course is concerning.

Lucy

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

Amazing students' union. Some amazing tutors, some have not adapted well to online learning though with technical issues causes lots of disruptions and disengaged learning. Some tutors have been lacking with assignment support. Amazing well-being support and academic support options.

rupi

PGCE - Primary Mathematics

The University has been very supportive and responsive during this period. All students have PATs that they can discuss any University related concerns. Firstpoint is another resource available to students to help with any concern, needs or just someone to help steer you in the direction of assistance that you need.

Kelly

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

I feel that, although majority has been online, most lecturers have adapted well to this approach and have managed to make the experience as engaging and as “normal” as possible

arron

University of Worcester

Clinical Psychology BSc (Hons)

A lack of respect and academic integrity left me feeling like a customer more than a student. Being provided the bare minimum product throughout second and third year, just to satisfy governmental requirements. I have had no communication from my course since our last lecture, with no goodbye message and no discussions about what comes next. Some lecturers were amazing and instilled enthusiasm for the subjects while others dismissed all interaction and opted to play pre-recorded sessions. And then have the audacity to state that we had it better off this year due to being able to watch the recordings again. The way online teaching was handled made me want to drop out several times and if not for the provision of mental health services I would have.

University of Worcester

Sports and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

Some modules handled the online learning better than others - overall I am content with content delivery though. Sports clubs and the SU have been a slight let down though. I'm also disappointed that I've paid a few months of rent whilst I wasn't living in the house -so that's some money I'm not seeing again. COVID relief funds by the SU were also rather bias - aka if you were in your overdraft (probably due to reckless spending) then you'd be granted money which I though was unfair for students struggling or who had reasonably used their money. I don't think my academic year was 100% worth what I have paid for, but I highly doubt I'm seeing that money again either.