1,762 University of Worcester reviews

• University of Worcester

Physiotherapy BSc (Hons)

Both the social and academic sides of the uni are amazing and I’ve loved my time so far. I have sometimes found my course intense and tiring but being part of badminton society has given me amazing friendships and support when I need to take my mind off academia. My coursemates and lectures are all so lovely, likewise with everyone in Worcester.

The uni has the employability award called the Worcester award that’s available to all students to do. My lecturers on my course also give notice about any employability fairs in the area that we can attend, and as part of my course we complete 1000 hours of practice placement

I like the practical side of my course in that most of my lectures are in the clinical skills classrooms. My lecturers make the content easy to learn and appropriate to the profession, in that everything we are taught is applicable to the work that we will do when we graduate.

I am part of the badminton sports society at the SU and captain the women’s first team, the SU is very supportive and easy to contact if there are any issues, and they are always encouraging student involvement, however, due to the nature of my course (19 hours placement a week and 9 hours of lectures) plus the assignment work and further reading, I struggle to find time to get involved more actively.

They are excellent in that we have specific clinical skills rooms for my course, the university arena is state of the art for many sports to train in as well as other 3G Astro pitches and drama studios.

I like Worcester being a small city as everything is within walking distance and it has all the shops a student could need. It’s very easy to get around, as there is a bus going between the two campuses and into the city

There is a large variety of clubs and societies for all students to get involved in. They appeal to all students; both the sports and the societies. The sports societies often do well in BUCS and compete in varsity where it is really nice to see all students supporting each other

My tutor is easy to contact and gives appropriate academic and personal support when I ask and even when I don’t ask for it; they are always available to talk if I have a quick question and they are in their office. I know the students union and first point have excellent counselling services for personal support

Charlotte

PGCE - Secondary - Physical Education

Course was good, very informative and helped me prepare well for becoming a PE teacher. The support was there when I needed on multiple issues that I faced. The sessions we did at uni came into practice when I was at placement and when visiting me at placement the feedback was detailed

Danielle

University of Worcester

Although being in a pandemic has certainly made my second year at university a lot different to what I originally expected, the University of Worcester have made me feel supported along the way regardless. The campus facilities have always been good to go and study in, there’s a wide range of help available and my course, Law LLB, has been amazing despite everything. My lecturers have been really supportive but also delivered content on time and clearly despite everything being online. There is always enough time for them to help me and overall my whole experience has been positive.

Danielle

University of Worcester

I have enjoyed every module and the support offered, it has been intellectually challenging with lots of support where I have needed it. I have gotten involved with multiple societies which has been very beneficial, and supported with mock interviews to get a graduate job.

University of Worcester

Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons)

Limited online contact time, too few lectures but lots of online group work. That hasn’t worked well, people feel uncomfortable, don’t have a suitable environment to participate from, poor internet etc. High staff turnover and absences of staff since starting the course is concerning.

Lucy

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

Amazing students' union. Some amazing tutors, some have not adapted well to online learning though with technical issues causes lots of disruptions and disengaged learning. Some tutors have been lacking with assignment support. Amazing well-being support and academic support options.

rupi

PGCE - Primary Mathematics

The University has been very supportive and responsive during this period. All students have PATs that they can discuss any University related concerns. Firstpoint is another resource available to students to help with any concern, needs or just someone to help steer you in the direction of assistance that you need.

Kelly

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

I feel that, although majority has been online, most lecturers have adapted well to this approach and have managed to make the experience as engaging and as “normal” as possible

arron

University of Worcester

Clinical Psychology BSc (Hons)

A lack of respect and academic integrity left me feeling like a customer more than a student. Being provided the bare minimum product throughout second and third year, just to satisfy governmental requirements. I have had no communication from my course since our last lecture, with no goodbye message and no discussions about what comes next. Some lecturers were amazing and instilled enthusiasm for the subjects while others dismissed all interaction and opted to play pre-recorded sessions. And then have the audacity to state that we had it better off this year due to being able to watch the recordings again. The way online teaching was handled made me want to drop out several times and if not for the provision of mental health services I would have.

University of Worcester

Sports and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

Some modules handled the online learning better than others - overall I am content with content delivery though. Sports clubs and the SU have been a slight let down though. I'm also disappointed that I've paid a few months of rent whilst I wasn't living in the house -so that's some money I'm not seeing again. COVID relief funds by the SU were also rather bias - aka if you were in your overdraft (probably due to reckless spending) then you'd be granted money which I though was unfair for students struggling or who had reasonably used their money. I don't think my academic year was 100% worth what I have paid for, but I highly doubt I'm seeing that money again either.