1,762 University of Worcester reviews

• University of Worcester

University of Worcester

It’s been amazing so far. I would definitely give it a go if your interested in the university life, the teaching and support is excellent. I have felt allot more confident since starting and I have made many new friends.

They provide seminars that include the positive outcomes of completion of the course and the wide range of option myself and others have with careers. The university are always available to help with any questions you have and the support is great.

The teaching I like most is the seminars because they are interactive and you can talk to a tutor there and then if you have any questions or need help with something. I prefer that because they have group discussions and activities too which I enjoy doing. The lectures aren’t that great for me personally because I learn better from writing down and creating my own notes so the use of teaching from PowerPoint slides isn’t the best but others may prefer this.

I think it’s really good to get inloved they are very interesting tasks and I believe that these questionaires will be very useful for students to see what others prefer and improvements that can be make with in their university life.

The facilities are great, there are loads available. Ever since I have started university I have felt supported and always have the option to get help in different ways.

Worcester is a lovely city to be in, many different places of interest and historical places to visit. I believe it is beautiful.

They are good for getting students to interact and get involved in activities together fir example, movie night. Thus can encourage people to make friends and have options in choices of things to do while being on the university campus.

The support offered from the uni is great. You can always get help when you like and there is always someone their suited for your need. Very friendly staff. The tutors have appointment dates and times available for extra support with in the subject.

Charlotte

PGCE - Secondary - Physical Education

Course was good, very informative and helped me prepare well for becoming a PE teacher. The support was there when I needed on multiple issues that I faced. The sessions we did at uni came into practice when I was at placement and when visiting me at placement the feedback was detailed

Danielle

University of Worcester

Although being in a pandemic has certainly made my second year at university a lot different to what I originally expected, the University of Worcester have made me feel supported along the way regardless. The campus facilities have always been good to go and study in, there’s a wide range of help available and my course, Law LLB, has been amazing despite everything. My lecturers have been really supportive but also delivered content on time and clearly despite everything being online. There is always enough time for them to help me and overall my whole experience has been positive.

Danielle

University of Worcester

I have enjoyed every module and the support offered, it has been intellectually challenging with lots of support where I have needed it. I have gotten involved with multiple societies which has been very beneficial, and supported with mock interviews to get a graduate job.

University of Worcester

Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons)

Limited online contact time, too few lectures but lots of online group work. That hasn’t worked well, people feel uncomfortable, don’t have a suitable environment to participate from, poor internet etc. High staff turnover and absences of staff since starting the course is concerning.

Lucy

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

Amazing students' union. Some amazing tutors, some have not adapted well to online learning though with technical issues causes lots of disruptions and disengaged learning. Some tutors have been lacking with assignment support. Amazing well-being support and academic support options.

rupi

PGCE - Primary Mathematics

The University has been very supportive and responsive during this period. All students have PATs that they can discuss any University related concerns. Firstpoint is another resource available to students to help with any concern, needs or just someone to help steer you in the direction of assistance that you need.

Kelly

University of Worcester

Journalism and Media & Culture BA (Hons)

I feel that, although majority has been online, most lecturers have adapted well to this approach and have managed to make the experience as engaging and as “normal” as possible

arron

University of Worcester

Clinical Psychology BSc (Hons)

A lack of respect and academic integrity left me feeling like a customer more than a student. Being provided the bare minimum product throughout second and third year, just to satisfy governmental requirements. I have had no communication from my course since our last lecture, with no goodbye message and no discussions about what comes next. Some lecturers were amazing and instilled enthusiasm for the subjects while others dismissed all interaction and opted to play pre-recorded sessions. And then have the audacity to state that we had it better off this year due to being able to watch the recordings again. The way online teaching was handled made me want to drop out several times and if not for the provision of mental health services I would have.

University of Worcester

Sports and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

Some modules handled the online learning better than others - overall I am content with content delivery though. Sports clubs and the SU have been a slight let down though. I'm also disappointed that I've paid a few months of rent whilst I wasn't living in the house -so that's some money I'm not seeing again. COVID relief funds by the SU were also rather bias - aka if you were in your overdraft (probably due to reckless spending) then you'd be granted money which I though was unfair for students struggling or who had reasonably used their money. I don't think my academic year was 100% worth what I have paid for, but I highly doubt I'm seeing that money again either.