929 University of Winchester reviews

• University of Winchester
Zoe

History BA (Hons)

University really helped me settle in and become who I am today. I do a course that I love, and my lecturers are really supportive with all my studies

Holds academic skills workshop and careers office are here to help always

Lecturers/modules are great - wish that there were a few more hours contact time

Love it. There to help you with anything

Accommodation
What do you think about the safety, condition, location and cost of your accommodation?

Location is fantastic, however it Is quite expensive

Do need more computers to do work

Only a 10 minute walk away form town

Have a wide variety, from fun ones to ones related to your course

Academic - tutors and feedback great. Personal - Haven't been to student support

Charlotte

University of Winchester

Classical Studies BA (Hons)

I have made few friends that werent the people i was living with. It was rather isolating as on the twice weekly occasion i did go into uni, everyone had masks on so it was harder to talk to people and make friends. There were no socials or anything so I have yet to join a club or society. The club i did want to join is an indoor sports team but tryouts didnt happen due to covid. Also one senior member of staff on my course refused to help me with an assignment she set when she's supposed to be the expert and always claims that she is there to help. Additionally, housing and finance communicated terribly about refunds and even then I received a lousy amount back that I was not happy with and when I brought this up, they were rude and would not help me understand why they did take most of my money. All in all, this was a terrible first year of university.

Alice

University of Winchester

Primary Education with QTS BA (Hons)

Been such a positive and welcoming university. As a small university you get to know the staff really well and each member of staff is so approachable and the quality of their teaching is amazing. As someone who previously dropped out of a university for the quality of their teaching and the lack of support I am thoroughly impressed with the quality of the teaching here at Winchester and can't wait to see what year 2 and 3 has to offer.

Belinda

University of Winchester

Nursing (Adult) BN (Hons)

It’s not bad I’ve loved my practice experience more than my tutoring session and kind of regret not using the nhs apprentice course which offers free training and a paid placement

Deanna

University of Winchester

English Literature with Creative Writing BA (Hons)

This year has definitely been a roller coaster, but I still enjoy it and am looking forward to the journey next year. Winchester still feels like a second home and I'm excited to (hopefully) return to normal lessons on campus in September!

Janine

MA Student Engagement in Higher Education

I'm very much enjoying this post-graduate course. I have already been able to put into practice what we are studying in my professional role. The staff are approachable and helpful. The course is designed to be online, so the pandemic hasn't affected the weekly lectures

Freya

Physiotherapy BSc (Hons)

They've done all they can to make this year as normal as possible and in skmrs ways better as we've had more opportunities from guest speakers abroad to join in on online lessons. Its been different been different but not worse

Hananh

Physiotherapy BSc (Hons)

It really enjoyable and have made lifelong friends!! They have supported us as students and have done all they can this year to make it as "normal" as possible.

Ashni

University of Winchester

Criminology and Sociology BA (Hons)

It has been good, with the better teachers pulling the weight for the entire faculty. Communication could be better and mental health support could be too. The library team are fairly good and supportive, though resources are sometimes lacking from the struggle of uploading them online.

Deanna

University of Winchester

English Literature with Creative Writing BA (Hons)

This year has definitely been a roller coaster, but not at the fault of the university. I think that they have done their best to adapt to the world around them and keep students safe and supported. However, my experience as a commuting student will differentiate from a student who has lived on campus or has transferred for international study, where student fees for accommodation and level of accessibility changes.