1,432 University of Westminster, London reviews

• University of Westminster, London

University of Westminster, London

Politics and International Relations BA (Hons)

When I started University I was shoked with the diversity in there. At Westminster there are people from everywhere around the world, and it’s amazing how nice and safe the environment is. I might have had some problems with bonding to people at first (moving to London was still a big change for me) but I got to make friends and to also find people whom i look up to (most of my teachers). I work part-time, so it has been mostly about that and University, so I couldn’t go out much, but the last month has been really fun and I think that we are slowly building our community as freshers.

Westminster is a great place for gaining useful skills. Everything we learn through theories we apply and corelate to what happens globally. Also, there are a lot of volunteering opportunities, means through which students become responsabile and good at organising events. As Politics students, we have the chance to gain leadership and communication skills. As well, there is a career department organising fairs with possible future employers from time to time. Our teachers are very passionate about their work and they like to share their experiences with us, giving advice. They also enjoy working with us and engaging students in different activities.

I am mostly happy with my teachers. I think that it’s amazing how even if they have many things to do, none of them would ever say “no” if a student needs any help. The lectures and the seminars interactive and very dynamic.

Wedtminster Students Union seems like a really fun and active group, but I haven’t had the chance to engage as coming from a different country had me a little confused and i needed to take my time to get used to things in the UK. Hopefully i will engage more next term.

You will find anything you need at Westminster. Maybe it’s not as “luxurious” as in other places, but everything works good and you’ll never be disappointed if you need anything (from books and journals for assignments to wi-fi connection)

London is very fast. Everything seems to happen on fast forward, honestly. I personally enjoy it and think that is a bery lively place to study in.

Clubs and societies are very active, that I can tell! At least 2 big events are taking place every week, and i know that most clubs and societies meet every week

Extremely. As i said before, the best part about being a Westminster student is that any member of the staff would always be more than happy to help you both with academic and personal matters.

Hanaa

University of Westminster, London

Computer Science BSc (Hons)

Would have been higher had it been in person. But despite how isolating online learning has been university Has tried to be as accommodating as possible. However, during my four years at Westminster I have enjoyed my time, made good friends and have had excellent support from staff. I think this university has help to build my confidence and somewhat prepared me for graduate jobs.

University of Westminster, London

Biomedical Sciences BSc (Hons)

Both virtually and in-person, it has been okay. Some lecturers are very supportive and empathetic, they WANT to help you progress and do well. Other lecturers CHOOSES who and how to help, they are very blunt and show lack of empathy when needed. I have had professors who refuse to give me feedback on how to improve, but will accused me of plagiarism indirectly. Being hearing impaired, online schooling has been really hard and some teachers don’t really adjust tk that.

Dominic

University of Westminster, London

Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience BSc (Hons)

My overall experience at university this year has been alright. It’s not been the best but considering the circumstances, the university have tried its best to make learning for the students as easy as possible.

University of Westminster, London

International Relations and Development BA (Hons)

My overall experience has been good. As I have learnt new skills including communication and thinking skills. I have also learnt a lot about what is happening around the world. Due to my course. However, I feel like because it was online we should not have paid full fees because I did not get to 100% experience uni life.

Laeticia

University of Westminster, London

Interior Architecture BA (Hons)

I feel that more 1-1 could’ve been offered , been more lenient with assignments as students have had it hard this year and a half , however students have been reaching out to lecturers in regards to the help that they need to progress i don’t know how much help they’ve received. The experience overall hasn’t changed much compared to my first year but I do feel like I’ve been let down in regards to support

Aleksandra

Architecture BA (Hons)

I’ve enjoyed my first year at the university of Westminster and don’t regret coming here. It was a great experience. I had amazing tutors and professors. I learned a lot. It is challenging, of course, but if you try hard enough, you will get the best results.

Richard

University of Westminster, London

Architectural Technology BSc (Hons)

The University provides great Faculty and the teaching is well above average however the aspects that need change is student support and questioning of wellbeing especially during the pandemic and lockdown. Most students are currently living alone, away from home or even unable to socialise with the few friends they have made within a university setting. One of the major issues I still find is the price you pay for PowerPoint slides and youtube videos and the price tag you're paying especially for online lessons do not coincide with the level of education you receive. However, this is also only happening due to the pandemic and the changes in such a short span of time isn't easy for both faculty or students.

Bree

University of Westminster, London

Television Production BA (Hons)

It’s been okay, got worse because of the lockdown but the people here are decent, the experience of living in London has been great but this year is not work 9k

Junaid

University of Westminster, London

Biomedical Sciences BSc (Hons)

The overall experience has been a challenging and engaging experienxe overall and has helped me to grow my skills further throught being confident and voicing my opinions on the growing world of science and how it is changing out life everyday