1,432 University of Westminster, London reviews

• University of Westminster, London

University of Westminster, London

I liked what I achieved and disliked a lot of things. Still disappointed, I thought university would be a place where everyone would be passionate and interested in intellectual things. Not really the case. I don't feel I existed too much as a part of the university besides calling myself a student and doing the things I had to as one. I barely made any friends and overall did not know how to create a better experience for myself, and enjoy the university more. I don't know if it's the university's fault, my fault, all the problems in my life's fault, or what not.

Has a lot of opportunities although besides the placement year and one placement module I took, it's hard to get into the other things (mentioned in the question) as you have lots of coursework and studying to do. The options are there but I'd personally prefer something mandatory otherwise it's hard to just make time for it during the academic year

When they're complex and the lecturer is passionate. When the ideas are new to me

Not involved. Because I'm antisocial when it comes to me starting a social situation. I can't think of time for social things anyway during the year. I feel quite disconnected from the university besides the learning part.

Accommodation
What do you think about the safety, condition, location and cost of your accommodation?

Expensive and cold and have changed addresses 5 times in 4 years because I can't afford London living conditions

Fine.

London is really expensive, busy, and takes you ages to get anywhere. Sometimes fun

What clubs and societies? I heard about them in freshers week three years ago and then nothing again. Again, not actively looking for social situations

Rubbish. Get no feedback from some tests and none from exams, the list to get into counselling is too long, tutor is ok although again, not very present in my life unless I go to her. No checking up in the first years if I exist or is there a problem or why I have not contacted them. Universities have become businesses so they feel like that, impersonal, artificial, so on

Hanaa

University of Westminster, London

Computer Science BSc (Hons)

Would have been higher had it been in person. But despite how isolating online learning has been university Has tried to be as accommodating as possible. However, during my four years at Westminster I have enjoyed my time, made good friends and have had excellent support from staff. I think this university has help to build my confidence and somewhat prepared me for graduate jobs.

University of Westminster, London

Biomedical Sciences BSc (Hons)

Both virtually and in-person, it has been okay. Some lecturers are very supportive and empathetic, they WANT to help you progress and do well. Other lecturers CHOOSES who and how to help, they are very blunt and show lack of empathy when needed. I have had professors who refuse to give me feedback on how to improve, but will accused me of plagiarism indirectly. Being hearing impaired, online schooling has been really hard and some teachers don’t really adjust tk that.

Dominic

University of Westminster, London

Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience BSc (Hons)

My overall experience at university this year has been alright. It’s not been the best but considering the circumstances, the university have tried its best to make learning for the students as easy as possible.

University of Westminster, London

International Relations and Development BA (Hons)

My overall experience has been good. As I have learnt new skills including communication and thinking skills. I have also learnt a lot about what is happening around the world. Due to my course. However, I feel like because it was online we should not have paid full fees because I did not get to 100% experience uni life.

Laeticia

University of Westminster, London

Interior Architecture BA (Hons)

I feel that more 1-1 could’ve been offered , been more lenient with assignments as students have had it hard this year and a half , however students have been reaching out to lecturers in regards to the help that they need to progress i don’t know how much help they’ve received. The experience overall hasn’t changed much compared to my first year but I do feel like I’ve been let down in regards to support

Aleksandra

Architecture BA (Hons)

I’ve enjoyed my first year at the university of Westminster and don’t regret coming here. It was a great experience. I had amazing tutors and professors. I learned a lot. It is challenging, of course, but if you try hard enough, you will get the best results.

Richard

University of Westminster, London

Architectural Technology BSc (Hons)

The University provides great Faculty and the teaching is well above average however the aspects that need change is student support and questioning of wellbeing especially during the pandemic and lockdown. Most students are currently living alone, away from home or even unable to socialise with the few friends they have made within a university setting. One of the major issues I still find is the price you pay for PowerPoint slides and youtube videos and the price tag you're paying especially for online lessons do not coincide with the level of education you receive. However, this is also only happening due to the pandemic and the changes in such a short span of time isn't easy for both faculty or students.

Bree

University of Westminster, London

Television Production BA (Hons)

It’s been okay, got worse because of the lockdown but the people here are decent, the experience of living in London has been great but this year is not work 9k

Junaid

University of Westminster, London

Biomedical Sciences BSc (Hons)

The overall experience has been a challenging and engaging experienxe overall and has helped me to grow my skills further throught being confident and voicing my opinions on the growing world of science and how it is changing out life everyday