Student reviews of University of West London

135 University of West London reviews

• University of West London
Guilherme

Advanced Music Technology MA

The University is very well structured and offer student support in many ways. The general facilities are awesome and the facilities related specifically to my course are even better

Natasa
11 Jul 18

Information Systems MSc

Charlotte

University of West London

I got a well-rounded understanding of the theatre industry. It's a great course for someone who wants to learn about all theatre disciplines, but also gives you the chance to specialise in the third year. Also as you work so much on shows outside of the course (including the placement period) it means that you leave with a degree and LOADS of experience to fill your CV with, as well as skills to use when going off into the industry. We learnt about Set, Lighting, Sound, Stage Management, Props, Costume, General Management, as well as a bit on Projection and Automation. We also learn about the theatre industry now, as well as the history of theatre which was really interesting! And if you wanted to learn about anything else, all you had to do was ask! We all have a great understanding of how these disciplines work together and compliment each other, which isn't a skill you would be able to have if you just studied one course.

GP
Giles peterson
22 Jul 16

International Tourism and Aviation Management MA

Is a vibrant environment with staff who will invest just as much in me as I do myself. Have had a great experience. Is a very forward looking university. Very matter of fact and not bogged down in pretence and self importance.

Matthew
20 Jun 16

University of West London

It was good, but not as good as it should have been. The majority of it has been focused on trying to escape the student village. Negative issues aside, I met some great people who I will continue to be friends with. The courses have taught me useful facts surrounding my subject.

University of West London

Business Studies with Marketing BA (Hons)

This university is very disorganized. The first month here was absolute chaos. Some people still don't even know what classes they're supposed to be in. I'm happy with the courses and teachers. Most people are quite friendly. If you are an international student, beware. It is a nightmare. I feel like I've wasted my time and money.

11 Jul 15

University of West London

Theatre Production (Design and Management) BA (Hons)

I wish I had never gone. I have zero career prospects, and am looking at starting work at Tesco full time. UWL bills itself as the 'career university' however I am in exactly the same position as I was three years ago only now I have about £40,000 worth of debt. LCM is only out to make money from students. I feel like I have learnt nothing of note in the last three years.

Criminology BA (Hons)

The uni is fairly good but not that welcoming to me. I only chose this uni as it was closer to home and well…..I made a mistake! I got all 5 unconditional offers but my journey through this university has not been good.

Law

Made a great move from Birmingham, so glad I did it!

Law

Generally happy, nothing particularly bad apart from sometimes awkward timetables and no room for change.