1,439 University of Warwick reviews

• University of Warwick

French and Spanish

The best thing about my course has been a year abroad and good job propsects. Tutors and lecturers are all very helpful. Arthur Vick is excellent. Very clean, lovely layout and facilities are brilliant. I like shopping in the city because there's lots of choice. The uni facilties are brilliant and very modern. I've joined Yoga, RAG and french societies and they've all been great. The SU is usually very informative, and support services include a residential and personal tutor. Hopefully job prospects will be fairly good as my degree is quite broad. Overall, I'm loving uni life so far!

Accommodation
Paulomi

University of Warwick

Civil Engineering MEng (Hons)

This year I gave a very low rating because of coronavirus. I felt the level of teaching was nowhere near what it needed to be especially in a practical subject such as engineering. I felt unprepared especially after an online term 3 last year and my mental health definitely suffered at various points throughout the year. I felt that the overall experience was not indicative of the £9250 spent towards it not even including living costs.

Lucy

University of Warwick

Hispanic Studies and French BA (Hons)

Having been online, the university experience was very isolating. However, my department offered lots of support and events which I found really beneficial. Also, despite not having access to the library since I was working away from campus, there was still lots of online resources which I found very useful.

Meera

History BA (Hons)

I think in certain areas Warwick are very good - eg their careers services. But other areas they fall down on. They claim to champion well-being, but I don’t think many people (especially first years) know all the avenues available to them, and I know some people who have had terrible experiences going to these services. They also routinely fail to listen to the student body, ignoring many protests and votes. My experience this year hasn’t been great, but that’s mainly due to the pandemic and not being able to go out, which isn’t the uni’s fault.

V
Violette

Film Studies BA (Hons)

I really enjoyed my time on campus, and even being online at home. Warwick is an amazing university, the campus is lovely and the Film course is incredible. However, the university has to improve its wellbeing services and has to revise it’s policies concerning security on campus and establish a zero-tolerance policy regarding sexual harassment and assault. This concerns a lot of universities and is not being talked about enough. Being a woman, I deserve the right to feel safe on my campus. Moreover, I think the university could have offered more than a rent waiver in regards to the covid situation and the numerous opportunities we didn’t get this year.

Lauren

French Studies BA (Hons)

Overall my experience has been good. I received personal and mental health support when I needed it. My course has been well taught and I have lecturers who actually care

University of Warwick

Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)

It was a mixed bag year, to say the least. I think the pandemic took away a lot, while adding an additional burden in terms of mental stress and inability to offload that. Had the opportunity to engage with some stimulating academic content, nonetheless, and developed a closer bond with my housemates.

Jaime

Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics and Economics (MORSE) MMorse

Obviously, Covid has limited all kinds of possibilities but, of course, this is not the institution's fault and overall it has been a very fun experience. I would give it five stars but some departments have shown that more in person contact hours were possible and not taken by some departments, which put a strain on our learning and overall experience.

Lucy

University of Warwick

History and Politics BA (Hons)

This academic year has obviously been somewhat challenging due to the ongoing situation. However I have really enjoyed all my seminars this year, and have felt supported most of the time.

Max

University of Warwick

Cyber Security BSc (Hons)

I believe that the university is great. Great facilities great gym and a great course. However covid has been a major impact to all students whilst studying at university not just Warwick