1,016 University of the West of Scotland reviews

• University of the West of Scotland

University of the West of Scotland

Feel like some lecturers read from slides too much, but overall very friendly and helpful, classes are informative.

Had very little engagement with anything career wise

Very hit and miss with support, some lecturers are very supportive and some don't communicate well.

Students' Union N/A
This user did not feel that they could enter a score for this category

Good, easily accessible, difficult to get computer access sometimes.

Average

Societies and Sports N/A
This user did not feel that they could enter a score for this category

Depends on who and why

Mark

University of the West of Scotland

Applied Bioscience and Zoology BSc (Hons)

It has been very good to study here and I have learned very much. As a mature student I have been welcomed by everybody. I have been having a very enjoyable experience.

Billie

University of the West of Scotland

PGDE Secondary Biology with Science (Graduates Only) Professional Graduate Diploma

The university has been incredibly unorganised this year, they often use covid as an excuse but I don't think that is acceptable as we are still there to be taught. The online lessons have been organised well and we were lucky to get into uni once a week for a lesson. However the content of the online lessons was sometimes questionable. Although staff say they are there to support you and you can email them whenever there seems to be a passive aggressive manner that comes to any criticism or student struggling. The university failed to secure placements for all pupils, which has led to some pupils being unable to complete the course in June and have to have an extended placement. Personally I have to travel 2 hours to my placement even though when applying my university said placements would be 90 minutes travel maximum. The university support systems have been great reimbursing my travel costs and with discretionary funds.

Georgina

University of the West of Scotland

Sport Coaching BSc (Hons)

I feel that I have still learned a lot, but many of the assessments have been changed from practice assessments to essays or tests. I just can’t wait to be on campus because I know it will be so much better. I can’t give a proper opinion until I see what everything is like for myself

Lianne

University of the West of Scotland

Sports Coaching and Development BA (Hons)

I have enjoyed my experience in uni and appreciated the support from lecturers and fellow classmates. It has been a great learning experience as it has helped me developed my skills as a coach and I am able to use what I have learned in the future.

Matthew

University of the West of Scotland

Sport and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

horrific would not recommend the uni or the course would if you need to take year out and go to another university , have ruined for me what are meant to be the best ears of my life

Josef

University of the West of Scotland

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

Camille

Advanced Biomedical Science MSc

My university experience so far is very good. Coming from another university in France, I really appreciate it here. Like the cafeteria and the gym. Lectures are really interesting and nice.

Nicola

University of the West of Scotland

Chemistry with Education BSc (Hons)

Adam

Business BA (Hons)

Enjoying it due to independence however workload can be stressful