University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI) | Student Reviews

27 University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI) reviews

• University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI)
Fiona

Oral Health Science BSc

Very pleased with the whole experience. I had a great balance of student life and study. Very glad I chose UHI Oral Health Science and would definitely recommend!

Oliver

University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI)

Professional Golf BA (Hons)

Been very good so far highly enjoyable . Met good friends. College staff are excellent and very clear and helpful. Course itseld is well laid out and easy to follow. Loving it

Hazel

Sustainable Development BSc (Hons)

It has been great, the modules link and expand with what you have already learned and they work together. Sustainability, as a concept and what we can do for the future is carefully examined. There is a very wide remit and the module choices offer a focus that is wide enough to understand and develop the practical application. I've enjoyed the course and the interaction.

Susanne

Sustainable Development BSc (Hons)

Overall, my personal experience was so far (I am in 3rd year now) excellent. The only downside, for which the university is definitely not responsible, is the attitude of some individual students who are not willing to engage which sometimes can make group work a tricky task. But this is just a feature of life, common evyerwhere including workplaces. Due to the positive experience I am considering to continue with a postgrad course once graduated.

Joe

Sustainable Development BSc (Hons)

This has been a fantastic degree to study. The content is interesting and highly relevant, and the support from staff has been excellent. I'm proud to say that I'm a student at the University of the Highlands and Islands.

Murray

Geography BSc (Hons)

If you would like to study geography you must do it at UHI, which is situated in the geographic and geologic wonderland that is the Highlands. Field trips to the Cairngorms and NW Highlands, as well as further afield to the Swiss Alps all serve to reinforce the classroom learning, while the friendly and professional staff demonstrate all the modern technological methods you can use to present what you have learned.

Ivana

Oral Health Science BSc

I graduated nearly 6 years ago and although it wasn't a typical student experience and could be lonely at times I am so glad I did it. I love my job! I do and will continue to recommend UHI to anyone thinking of a career in Dental Therapy.

Fitness, Health and Exercise HNC

Absolutely hate it!!! Cannot day enough negative things regarding my experience, the people who run UHI should seriously take a look at themselves because I get the impression they are not concerned with the responsibilities of the role they have committed to and do as little as possible to make things more convenient for themselves.

Ivy
31 Jul 18

University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI)

Marine Science BSc (Hons)

Loved it! Im going in to 4th year and gutted its coming to an end. Going to miss it and everybody so much!! Will be hanging around long afterwards for a natter!

EL
Eleanor Lawrie
18 Jun 18

University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI)

Marine Science BSc (Hons)

I am really glad this is the university I chose. The staff are so welcoming and friendly and it doesn't take long to find your niche with the students. The scenery is fantastic and some of the nearby lochs are case studies for universities round the UK doing marine studies. With boat trips and labs no week is ever the same.