941 University of Sussex reviews

• University of Sussex

University of Sussex

English (with a study abroad year) BA (Hons)

Personally, I am loving my time at University of Sussex. Everything seemed to just fall into place when I arrived and I am loving both the course and my life outside it.

They hold career weeks in which speakers come in to talk about their experiences in employment.

The inspiring lecturers and seminar tutors, they are all so knowledgable and passionate about what they teach, which means you catch even more enthusiasm!

I think that they raise really important issues and make a big change to a lot of students.

Accommodation
What do you think about the safety, condition, location and cost of your accommodation?

I'm in northfield and it's lovely!

Excellent!

Brighton is such a great place to be a student; busy and bustling and full of things to do all the time!

There is such a wide variation there is something for everyone!

I think that Sussex has worked really hard to create a wonderfully stimulating work environment and a place where you can feel safe and you have someone to talk to if you need to, which is think is an amazing thing.

Sin

University of Sussex

Psychology (with a professional placement year) BSc (Hons)

My experience in Sussex was very positive! From the education I was provided to the support and also the student socities I engaged with! I highly recomment this university for stimulating and exciting learning opportunities!

Poppy

University of Sussex

The university has a really riendly atmosphere. There are lots of great opportunities (only less so with covid). Staff are helpful and approachable. Content is really interesting. Can be challenging but ultimately rewarding.

Miriam

University of Sussex

Psychology (with a professional placement year) BSc (Hons)

I was lucky enough to have really good lecturers who provided good feedback throughout and were genuinely trying to make their courses as good as possible despite the difficult circumstances. However, I think communication from the university wasn’t great. It took several months for them to sort out a no detriment policy (which we didn’t even really get in the end) and they have sent many contradictory and confusing emails while pretending they’re “always there for the students”. I didn’t find that very helpful. I’ve also heard from other people that there were lots of issues with extenuating circumstances claims so that’s not great either. Nevertheless, I felt very supported by my individual lecturers and really enjoyed my last year of university!

Maddy

University of Sussex

Politics and International Relations BA (Hons)

Very disappointing. I went to uni with ambitions and expectations that were not not met in the slightest. We were given very little support in my first year regarding the many months of staff strikes which left us with no guidance or anyone to reach out to for help. Then covid hit and we got tossed to the side, little advice given, not allowed back to uni that we pay a huge amount for, and I know friends have had to wait literally 3 months to receive the covid packages the uni eventually offered. No facilities available aside from library and little help from a great deal of staff. Some tutors are lovely and have helped but I’ve also noticed a grim amount of them emailing to say they won’t respond to any emails over weekends and terms - even though they are infact paid for this and our assignments are often over holiday periods. Honestly, my experience at Sussex makes me wish I hadn’t decided to go to uni, or at least, not that university

Abby

Geography BSc (Hons)

I have enjoyed uni however it hasn’t been the best. A lot of my module require fieldwork and I was unable to do any and in return was just given the data, seems pointless. In addition the study space available has been poor, library quickly booked up

Isabel

University of Sussex

It has been a challenging learning and being taught online this past year. Although I am thankful that we can still access materials and be taught via 'zoom', the lack of engagement makes it difficult at times to be motivated to learn the course topics.

patryk

University of Sussex

Computer Science (with an industrial placement year) BSc (Hons)

I’ve hated it. I’ve considered dropping out more than I ever thought i’d be considering. I’ve not learnt much, I haven’t felt supported, I feel unsure about my future and my grades, I don’t know if I’ll be able to secure my placement, and I truly feel like i’m being scammed considering the fact that tuition fees are unchanged. Honestly this year has completely ruined my university experience so far, and sometimes I wish i never went at all in the first place.

Blue

University of Sussex

American Studies (with a study abroad year) BA (Hons)

Despite COVID and lockdown, I've had a decent experience with Sussex Uni. There is issues with the administration and the internal workings and the modules this year have been hit or miss in terms of engagement, but the staff on the whole are great, the facilities are wonderful and the people I've met are friendly. I'm putting no for the value for money question because this year has been entirely online

Lydia

University of Sussex

Naturally it has been massively impaired because of the pandemic, however the value that we are getting has not deteriorated. We have received so much support and the lecturers have realised how tough this year has been for us. Law has been great and the modules have been very well co-ordinated this year. Very happy with my experience and Sussex has been great at lying the foundations for my career.