University of Sussex | Student Reviews

939 University of Sussex reviews

• University of Sussex
Abby

Geography BSc (Hons)

I have enjoyed uni however it hasn’t been the best. A lot of my module require fieldwork and I was unable to do any and in return was just given the data, seems pointless. In addition the study space available has been poor, library quickly booked up

patryk

University of Sussex

Computer Science (with an industrial placement year) BSc (Hons)

I’ve hated it. I’ve considered dropping out more than I ever thought i’d be considering. I’ve not learnt much, I haven’t felt supported, I feel unsure about my future and my grades, I don’t know if I’ll be able to secure my placement, and I truly feel like i’m being scammed considering the fact that tuition fees are unchanged. Honestly this year has completely ruined my university experience so far, and sometimes I wish i never went at all in the first place.

Blue

University of Sussex

American Studies (with a study abroad year) BA (Hons)

Despite COVID and lockdown, I've had a decent experience with Sussex Uni. There is issues with the administration and the internal workings and the modules this year have been hit or miss in terms of engagement, but the staff on the whole are great, the facilities are wonderful and the people I've met are friendly. I'm putting no for the value for money question because this year has been entirely online

Lydia

University of Sussex

Naturally it has been massively impaired because of the pandemic, however the value that we are getting has not deteriorated. We have received so much support and the lecturers have realised how tough this year has been for us. Law has been great and the modules have been very well co-ordinated this year. Very happy with my experience and Sussex has been great at lying the foundations for my career.

Alexander

Economics BA (Hons)

My overall experience so far at the University of Sussex has been fantastic. I have really enjoyed my course, students and lecturers alike are proud to be a part of the university. There is a great sense of community there. Lecturers are very well-versed in their subjects and teach content in an exciting and engaging way.

Daniel

Economics BSc (Hons)

What a fantastic university! The campus is stunning so really nice to wake up here in the mornings. The university is very close to Brighton city centre so there’s lots to do. Lots of bars, clubs, shopping and restaurants. A very exciting place to be. The university itself is great. The teaching is really good and the university is one of the best in the UK for its research output.

Alexander

Finance BSc (Hons)

I am currently in my second year of studying for my Finance BSc at the University of Sussex. My experience here has been mostly great. The campus is nice, and has already improved since I first arrived. The teaching is very good, online teaching is not ideal, so I truly hope we can return to normal lectures very soon. The accommodation is nice, the standard of education here is excellent. I’ve also found the workload to be manageable, and I believe most courses allow for part-time work to support living costs etc. I feel this university is great for giving people a good start in their careers.

Hailey

University of Sussex

Marketing and Management with Psychology (with a Professional Placement Year) BSc (Hons)

Absolutely in love with this university! The teachers are very supportive and the way in which courses are taught and managed is very professional. The economics department is amazing! The accommodation is nice, a fantastic community support system, very close to Brighton City Centre for student nights. could not recommend this place more, it’s been such fun!

P11

Chemistry MChem (Hons)

I only really came to study and get a good start into my career and honestly, Sussex Chemistry is amazing for this. But if you want a great social life and meet tonnes of new people Sussex doesn't make it easy.

Zoology BSc (Hons)

Meh. I find myself regretting not thoroughly considering the options in my field of work choosing a different place to study with an accredited degree in my field.