903 University of Surrey reviews

• University of Surrey

University of Surrey

Business Management BSc (Hons)

Great University. While only 30 minutes train journey from Waterloo, Guildford is a nice small town with plenty of things to do. The campus is small but beautiful, and you soon come to see it as your home. The University has risen rapidly through the ranks and is now at a respectable 6th place in the whole of the UK.

One of the highest employability rates in the UK. There are plenty of support services, from personal tutors to a specialised career office to help with anything job related. Very well regarded by Placement Year Employers as majority of students carry out this as part of their course.

Good teaching facilities and course content. Lectures are engaging and relevant. Some courses offer a wide array of optional modules to choose from. Lecturers and tutors are readily available for one-on-one sessions, or you can simply e-mail knowing that they will soon get back to you.

The Student Union turns into a nightclub on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, when it is sure to fill up with your coursemates and friends. On top of that there is a wide variety of societies you can get involved with whatever your interests and hobbies may be. Trips within the UK and abroad are also organised several times a year.

Accommodation
What do you think about the safety, condition, location and cost of your accommodation?

Several choices of accommodation to suit your preference and budget. Most accommodation is on campus with the exception of two halls that are 10 minute walk away, but located very near the sports centre.

Great sports facilities in Surrey Sports Park including olympic pool, tennis courts, climbing wall, football and rugby pitches, hockey, etc all within the same centre.

Guildford is small but it is the busiest city in Surrey. Its train station is extremely well connected meaning you can hop on a train to London, the airport, or other places around the UK easily. Nightlife is good, with a few club choices and many pubs where you can enjoy a drink and music.

A wide variety of choices, from sports to volunteering, sure to suit your preferences.

On campus GP. Student welfare office. Student life mentors. Career services. International Student Support etc. There is always someone there who is an expert in helping you with any problem that you may have during your stay at university.

Sasha

University of Surrey

Nursing Studies (Registered Nurse Adult Nursing) BSc (Hons)

Personally, uni wasn’t great because of my flatmates being awful human beings and covid stopping sports but since things being open and moving back home, it’s been good!

University of Surrey

I have been on a placement this year and have had very little contact with my university and have been based away from university. I have had a great experience in previous years and the university has given me a lot of different opportunities I wouldn’t have otherwise

Laura

Actor Musician BA (Hons)

This academic year has been incredibly challenging for us to receive the education we would have pre Covid. However I feel once this fact has been accepted, that it will never be what it was, I have been able to enjoy and learn from most of the academic year.

Becca

University of Surrey

The university have been excellent in providing both academic and wellbeing support. Their enthusiasm to get students back on campus—both for studies and social life—has definitely made this past year easier. Feedback is taken incredibly seriously and the uni does seem keen to improve in response to students. This past year has caused a lot of stress and has been far from perfect but I think Surrey have done well within it all.

Jessica

University of Surrey

It has been a bumpy ride but I have felt like the uni has tried it's best. In terms of academics, the majority of lecturers have tried their best. If something was lacking, they were more than happy to help or point me in the right direction if not. In terms of support, there has been the introduction of self certified ECs which has been a god send. Also, the academic hives, personal tutors, and the union have been so so supportive. Speaking of the Union, we are very lucky to have the Marquee which has allowed us an additional social space to hang out in. As well as creating jobs for students. Lastly, despite the whole Pandemic, I have been able to secure a PTY in USA, which was organised completely through the uni. I think this year has not been as bad as it certainly could have been.

University of Surrey

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

So far I’ve tried to enjoy the most I can, let’s just say it’s a very different experience due to COVID-19 but now hopefully things change. I have been able to make new friends also get to know my way around the University campus.

Ryan

Acting BA (Hons)

Amazing experience regardless of the covid parameters and wouldn’t change it for the world. The productions we have done have been first class and I have worked and been taught by some incredible people. I feel ready to go into the industry and not feel worried about what is to come.

Mohamad

University of Surrey

Biomedical Science with Foundation Year BSc (Hons)

Since lockdown I have not been as productive as I should have been where having pre recorded lectures do not make them very interactive. However lecturers have always put a hand out to help anyone at majority of times trying to make the experience better than usual as they feel the same way as students.

Lucy

University of Surrey

Overall the lecturers have been very thorough in their teaching, and the running of the course. Their always very responsive over emails to any queries, and helpful for all problems. The lectures are well organised, as well as the tutorials! The assessments are clear on what they want, and how to do well. There is also a practice half way which gives a good opportunity for feedback and improvement.