903 University of Surrey reviews

• University of Surrey
Maddy

University of Surrey

English Literature BA (Hons)

Im enjoying my course and slowly learning how to write at a higher academic level, although i didnt enjoy living on campus when i did. The university puts their modules together well to make the texts interesting.

The uni hosts frequent empliyability fairs and offers free language courses

They allow for students to complete coursework whenever they want before the deadline, giving them the questions from the statt of the module. Although some of the seminars seem benign when compared to the lectures, with no new ideas being discussed.

The students union has frequent contact with students and facilitates wvents within the student union

Good, there are prayer rooms for students, and the library has plenty of resources. The campus is also very clean and hospitable

Its close the the train station and town centre. The campus itself has many plaves to eat, a local convenience shop and an on campus club.

There is a whole sports park that has a swimming pool and fields. The sports are well provided for and there is a variety of societies available

Feedback is only given during the final marking for coursework, but there are other services such as learning support who can help improve essay writing

Sasha

University of Surrey

Nursing Studies (Registered Nurse Adult Nursing) BSc (Hons)

Personally, uni wasn’t great because of my flatmates being awful human beings and covid stopping sports but since things being open and moving back home, it’s been good!

University of Surrey

I have been on a placement this year and have had very little contact with my university and have been based away from university. I have had a great experience in previous years and the university has given me a lot of different opportunities I wouldn’t have otherwise

Laura

Actor Musician BA (Hons)

This academic year has been incredibly challenging for us to receive the education we would have pre Covid. However I feel once this fact has been accepted, that it will never be what it was, I have been able to enjoy and learn from most of the academic year.

Becca

University of Surrey

The university have been excellent in providing both academic and wellbeing support. Their enthusiasm to get students back on campus—both for studies and social life—has definitely made this past year easier. Feedback is taken incredibly seriously and the uni does seem keen to improve in response to students. This past year has caused a lot of stress and has been far from perfect but I think Surrey have done well within it all.

Jessica

University of Surrey

It has been a bumpy ride but I have felt like the uni has tried it's best. In terms of academics, the majority of lecturers have tried their best. If something was lacking, they were more than happy to help or point me in the right direction if not. In terms of support, there has been the introduction of self certified ECs which has been a god send. Also, the academic hives, personal tutors, and the union have been so so supportive. Speaking of the Union, we are very lucky to have the Marquee which has allowed us an additional social space to hang out in. As well as creating jobs for students. Lastly, despite the whole Pandemic, I have been able to secure a PTY in USA, which was organised completely through the uni. I think this year has not been as bad as it certainly could have been.

University of Surrey

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

So far I’ve tried to enjoy the most I can, let’s just say it’s a very different experience due to COVID-19 but now hopefully things change. I have been able to make new friends also get to know my way around the University campus.

Ryan

Acting BA (Hons)

Amazing experience regardless of the covid parameters and wouldn’t change it for the world. The productions we have done have been first class and I have worked and been taught by some incredible people. I feel ready to go into the industry and not feel worried about what is to come.

Mohamad

University of Surrey

Biomedical Science with Foundation Year BSc (Hons)

Since lockdown I have not been as productive as I should have been where having pre recorded lectures do not make them very interactive. However lecturers have always put a hand out to help anyone at majority of times trying to make the experience better than usual as they feel the same way as students.

Lucy

University of Surrey

Overall the lecturers have been very thorough in their teaching, and the running of the course. Their always very responsive over emails to any queries, and helpful for all problems. The lectures are well organised, as well as the tutorials! The assessments are clear on what they want, and how to do well. There is also a practice half way which gives a good opportunity for feedback and improvement.