University of Surrey | Student Reviews

548 University of Surrey reviews

• University of Surrey
Malachy

University of Surrey

My overall university experience has been incredible for so many reasons. This course has set me up for the future more than any other course ever could have. The academics on the course have allowed me to thrive and achieve things that I never expected to achieve and their ongoing research within the field is inspiring. I have loved the people on my course, I have loved living here and I have loved making the most of the opportunities that university life can offer such as time to pursue creative projects without the strain of having to work a full-time job to fund living. The placement scheme changed my life and has allowed me to find further employment for after I graduate. However, in the final weeks of my degree as GSA systematically pick apart the programme that I love and have invested four years of my life in, this sadly has tarnished my experience and will likely leave a lasting bitter taste in my mouth. I will not go into the creative industries promoting the school in any positive way.

Reece

University of Surrey

Business Management (Entrepreneurship) BSc (Hons)

PLEASE READ AS THIS IT WILL GIVE YOU USEFUL INFO ABOUT THE UNI AND HELP YOU DECIDE! Firstly, read my long description on how the lectures are taught etc. My overall experience at Surrey has been good. HOWEVER, this is only based on the fact that i've been lucky to make good friends and my flat mates are decent. The course itself has not met expectations because the the way the modules are taught do not help you gain practical skills for the real world. It's mostly textbook information taught by lecturers who have no real experience in that industry, they are just academics who have textbook knowledge. My BTEC Business course at college has given me more real world skills. Secondly, I'm lucky to have made some good friends but overall the uni is unsocial and I honestly believe that there are way too many people on the course.. and not to sound discriminating but there are too many international students who barely speak English so sometimes the classroom life can be really boring and unsocial. In conclusion, if I knew what this course was going to be like... I would have honestly chosen a different uni at a better location and with more practical learning. The lecturers make it clear at the start that they are in no way responsible if you underperform, but the level of teaching is poor and does not really help for exams. I would describe it as a self taught degree. Hope this helps.

Rhi

University of Surrey

Overall a fantastic university. Could do with some updating regarding facilities and support but is well on the way. Definitely look at prices of living in surrey before coming to the univeristy as it is very expensive.

Jemima

University of Surrey

It's good but there aren't many contact hours and it doesn't feel very cohesive. Though, there are good opportunities.

Ruvarashe

Jainisha

Nursing Studies (Registered Nurse Children's Nursing) BSc (Hons)

So far I'm having a good time

Sarah

Need to be more busy

Georgina

Sasha

University of Surrey

Nutrition and Dietetics BSc (Hons)

Brooklyn

University of Surrey

Nursing Studies (Registered Nurse - Adult Nursing)

Good