784 University of Suffolk reviews

• University of Suffolk
Mal

Adult Nursing BSc (Hons)

I have had a good university experience. The course and lecturers have encouraged my personal development as well as my academic and professional development. I enjoy the debate that comes with university and the way lecturers encourage and respect person opinions during debates in the classroom.

Offering work placements, HEARS certificate, course rep experience

I like that the lecturers can adapt their teaching during the actual lesson depending on how the teaching is received by students. They act on feedback immediately if it is possible.

Students' Union N/A
This user did not feel that they could enter a score for this category

I don’t really get involved because the nursing course is very intense and when doing 37.5 hours a week on placement it is hard to fit activities in around that

The library is great, there are computers and printers around the whole buildings. The skills labs are very good and comprehensive

Ipswich only has 2 clubs, nightlife is really poor. There are lots of bars though. Cult bar at the uni is great. There are activities like escape rooms and a clip n climb which are good but all in all Ipswich is quite poor. The shopping is terrible

Societies and Sports N/A
This user did not feel that they could enter a score for this category

I don’t know

Academic support greatly depends on the lecturers and the service. I have experienced a great support but I know colleagues from mental health more recently have not had sufficient academic support.

Elgin

University of Suffolk

Extremely disappointed. I just want the course to be finished. They do not take into account students views and I would not recommend attending the university for this course. A lot changed over the three years and communication from the uni is broken and inefficient.

Olivia

University of Suffolk

Childhood: Primary Education with QTS BA (Hons)

Overall it has been poor experience due to the lack of stability on our course. Lecturers changed every few months as well as the course leader which left everyone in a mess and unsure of assignments details and expectations which led students to just assume and guess what needed to be achieved. In a few modules we weren’t even given A module guide and often readings were set but not accessible in the library. When you contacted for help they often ignored or didn’t respond. Thankfully the cohort worked together to help and there was a good few lecturers who went above and beyond but overall the experience was a mess and without the supportive cohort I think most would have dropped out

Josie

Wildlife, Ecology and Conservation Science BSc

I have enjoyed the course content, it’s very interesting and I have had good assignment support from my lecturers. The student experience team have checked up on students and have asked our feedback on how to improve our well being. Overall, this university and academic year has been as good as it can be in the current circumstances (Covid)

Photography BA (Hons)

University is one of the best experiences and everyone should try and do it if they can. It helps shapes you into a better person, pushing your own boundaries and helps to show you what exactly you are capable of. You end meeting new people from all different age ranges who all share the same passion. It helps you mentally and socially.

Thomas

University of Suffolk

Games Programming BSc (Hons)

Overall, my experience with UOS and the people who make up my course on Games Programming has been very positive. The lecture's have always been engaging and very informative as well as purposefully staying relevant to our future careers as programmers. The lecturer's themselves have always been very quick and effective at providing any support or questions I may have within or outside a lesson/lecture. The UOS in general have also been a great help at solving any difficulties I have had although, thankfully I have had very little issues.

Tallulah

University of Suffolk

Biological Sciences BSc (Hons)

My overall experience has been impacted by covid 19 I feel like they could have done better at some things but I also feel like they're doing the best they can.

JH
Jasmine Helm-Stovell

University of Suffolk

Should be providing all lectures in person when they legally can as we are a tiny uni and a tiny classes and least at risk online lectures are so lonely and hard to focus on, I didnt pay 9 grand to sit in my room all day

Dan

History BA (Hons)

Overall, the experience I have had at the University of Suffolk has been excellent so far. I have especially enjoyed being a part of the Students’ Union team, as they create a sense of community around the Uni. My course team have also been fantastic, and they have always provided everything I needed and more. It is no surprise the course receives 100% student satisfaction in 9 of the last 10 years, and have been a top 5 course in the Guardian League Table.

Elgin

University of Suffolk

The course is more of a guide rather than education. I would not recommend it. Unfortunately I feel that the course needs more time spent on teaching you art making skills.