784 University of Suffolk reviews

• University of Suffolk

University of Suffolk

I have loved being involved in the SU and the help I have gained from student services has been invaluable. I have hated the theory side of my course because of the lack of organisation, time management and content of the lectures. I feel like this course and my time at uni has been more stress (because of the above reasons) than it’s worth.

They send regular emails about career skills- writing CVs and employability

The course is taught poorly. Many times we have had lectures cut short and sent home at lunch. Content wasn’t always covered again when the lectures were cut short so we would miss important material. Practical sessions lack good time management and therefore content. There’s often a lack of good quality equipment to use in our practical sessions for such large cohorts. We often get kicked out of the skills lab and sent to normal lecture rooms which are not suitable for a practical sessions. The course has felt so disjointed and I feel like we have missed big chunks of anatomy and physiology lectures. Overall the course has been poor, although there has been some improvement from year 1 to year 3

I think the students union is one of the best things about UOS. I have been involved with them for the past two years. They are very supportive and provide good advice. They are always helpful and welcoming and have helped get me through some of the biggest challenges. I love our SU and they way they always try to make everything student focused and student led

They are okay but it would be nice if we had some vending machines and more gluten free options in the cafe. It would also be nice to have a space just for students, like a common room.

Good. A night out is always good and there are lots of nice bars with good food. The parks are really nice to go to during the spring and summer.

I don’t really know but I do know that there are quite a lot of them

Student services are one of the best things about this university. They have wonderful caring and kind advisers who go the extra mile to help you. They are great with putting in support for any additional learning needs you might have and they are really supportive.

Elgin

University of Suffolk

Extremely disappointed. I just want the course to be finished. They do not take into account students views and I would not recommend attending the university for this course. A lot changed over the three years and communication from the uni is broken and inefficient.

Olivia

University of Suffolk

Childhood: Primary Education with QTS BA (Hons)

Overall it has been poor experience due to the lack of stability on our course. Lecturers changed every few months as well as the course leader which left everyone in a mess and unsure of assignments details and expectations which led students to just assume and guess what needed to be achieved. In a few modules we weren’t even given A module guide and often readings were set but not accessible in the library. When you contacted for help they often ignored or didn’t respond. Thankfully the cohort worked together to help and there was a good few lecturers who went above and beyond but overall the experience was a mess and without the supportive cohort I think most would have dropped out

Josie

Wildlife, Ecology and Conservation Science BSc

I have enjoyed the course content, it’s very interesting and I have had good assignment support from my lecturers. The student experience team have checked up on students and have asked our feedback on how to improve our well being. Overall, this university and academic year has been as good as it can be in the current circumstances (Covid)

Photography BA (Hons)

University is one of the best experiences and everyone should try and do it if they can. It helps shapes you into a better person, pushing your own boundaries and helps to show you what exactly you are capable of. You end meeting new people from all different age ranges who all share the same passion. It helps you mentally and socially.

Thomas

University of Suffolk

Games Programming BSc (Hons)

Overall, my experience with UOS and the people who make up my course on Games Programming has been very positive. The lecture's have always been engaging and very informative as well as purposefully staying relevant to our future careers as programmers. The lecturer's themselves have always been very quick and effective at providing any support or questions I may have within or outside a lesson/lecture. The UOS in general have also been a great help at solving any difficulties I have had although, thankfully I have had very little issues.

Tallulah

University of Suffolk

Biological Sciences BSc (Hons)

My overall experience has been impacted by covid 19 I feel like they could have done better at some things but I also feel like they're doing the best they can.

JH
Jasmine Helm-Stovell

University of Suffolk

Should be providing all lectures in person when they legally can as we are a tiny uni and a tiny classes and least at risk online lectures are so lonely and hard to focus on, I didnt pay 9 grand to sit in my room all day

Dan

History BA (Hons)

Overall, the experience I have had at the University of Suffolk has been excellent so far. I have especially enjoyed being a part of the Students’ Union team, as they create a sense of community around the Uni. My course team have also been fantastic, and they have always provided everything I needed and more. It is no surprise the course receives 100% student satisfaction in 9 of the last 10 years, and have been a top 5 course in the Guardian League Table.

Elgin

University of Suffolk

The course is more of a guide rather than education. I would not recommend it. Unfortunately I feel that the course needs more time spent on teaching you art making skills.