784 University of Suffolk reviews

• University of Suffolk

University of Suffolk

Great lectures and seminars, only wish that social activities were more encouraged and organised other than sporting ones. More student atmosphere needs to be set, dont get the full uni experience you do at other unis

Lots of events and fairs to network and meet businesses. Careers department team and work placements

The amount of knowledge they have and can easily explain things to everyone, accommodating to everyones needs

Not bad. They do a lot of events but do not help in the creation of societies. They do not support the development of the societies and do not include them in the freshers fair as much as they should.

Accommodation
What do you think about the safety, condition, location and cost of your accommodation?

Good facilities, nice rooms, good staff and security. Easy access to uni and local shops.

Very good, lots of variety, supplies for all courses

Good night life, easy access to shops, do need a car or other transport to get to bigger super markets but online shopping is available

Very limited, not encouraged, hard to get members, not encouraged beyond setting them up, very hard to get anyone to sign up. All focused on sports and not good for people who enjoy more than just sports

Great support so many different teams ready to help with anything.

Elgin

University of Suffolk

Extremely disappointed. I just want the course to be finished. They do not take into account students views and I would not recommend attending the university for this course. A lot changed over the three years and communication from the uni is broken and inefficient.

Olivia

University of Suffolk

Childhood: Primary Education with QTS BA (Hons)

Overall it has been poor experience due to the lack of stability on our course. Lecturers changed every few months as well as the course leader which left everyone in a mess and unsure of assignments details and expectations which led students to just assume and guess what needed to be achieved. In a few modules we weren’t even given A module guide and often readings were set but not accessible in the library. When you contacted for help they often ignored or didn’t respond. Thankfully the cohort worked together to help and there was a good few lecturers who went above and beyond but overall the experience was a mess and without the supportive cohort I think most would have dropped out

Josie

Wildlife, Ecology and Conservation Science BSc

I have enjoyed the course content, it’s very interesting and I have had good assignment support from my lecturers. The student experience team have checked up on students and have asked our feedback on how to improve our well being. Overall, this university and academic year has been as good as it can be in the current circumstances (Covid)

Photography BA (Hons)

University is one of the best experiences and everyone should try and do it if they can. It helps shapes you into a better person, pushing your own boundaries and helps to show you what exactly you are capable of. You end meeting new people from all different age ranges who all share the same passion. It helps you mentally and socially.

Thomas

University of Suffolk

Games Programming BSc (Hons)

Overall, my experience with UOS and the people who make up my course on Games Programming has been very positive. The lecture's have always been engaging and very informative as well as purposefully staying relevant to our future careers as programmers. The lecturer's themselves have always been very quick and effective at providing any support or questions I may have within or outside a lesson/lecture. The UOS in general have also been a great help at solving any difficulties I have had although, thankfully I have had very little issues.

Tallulah

University of Suffolk

Biological Sciences BSc (Hons)

My overall experience has been impacted by covid 19 I feel like they could have done better at some things but I also feel like they're doing the best they can.

JH
Jasmine Helm-Stovell

University of Suffolk

Should be providing all lectures in person when they legally can as we are a tiny uni and a tiny classes and least at risk online lectures are so lonely and hard to focus on, I didnt pay 9 grand to sit in my room all day

Dan

History BA (Hons)

Overall, the experience I have had at the University of Suffolk has been excellent so far. I have especially enjoyed being a part of the Students’ Union team, as they create a sense of community around the Uni. My course team have also been fantastic, and they have always provided everything I needed and more. It is no surprise the course receives 100% student satisfaction in 9 of the last 10 years, and have been a top 5 course in the Guardian League Table.

Elgin

University of Suffolk

The course is more of a guide rather than education. I would not recommend it. Unfortunately I feel that the course needs more time spent on teaching you art making skills.