University of Suffolk

995 University of Suffolk reviews

• University of Suffolk

Business Management BA (Hons)

Friendly, supportive atmosphere. Helpful lecturers and outgoing students. Could improve in communication through blackboard and emails, but overall - not too bad. Would recommend to mature students especially, as the classes flexibility is great.

Adult Nursing BSc (Hons)

A great university for midwifery. With great links to the local hospitals. A well run course with half theory and half practice. Supportive lecturers that are available for help. A smaller university but this enables more support to be gained. A modern university with new facilities and skills lab for hospital based setting available.

Psychology and Criminology BSc (Hons)

Great atmosphere and building great subjects and support brilliant facilities and cheap food and drink great library and study dupport beautiful surroundings staff are great and their teaching skills along with dyslexia support avali able

Business Management BA (Hons)

Good university, good lecturers, nice location. The majority of students are 20+ and live off-campus like me so I feel very relaxed here. The lecturers are supportive and have our best interests at heart. Assignment feedback is clear and plentiful.

Criminology and Youth Studies BSc (Hons)

The university are very supportive, I am a mature student and they provided me with a 'Get Ahead' course which made me prepared for my course. The info zone are also brilliant and very supportive.

Dance BA (Hons)

University Campus Suffolk is a fantastic place to study. Great facilities and friendly helpful staff! I love it! Wouldn't want to be studying any where else for my degree.

Diagnostic Radiography BSc (Hons)

UCS is a fantastic university, which sits on the waterfront with fantastic facilities with macs and other desktops scattered throughout the uni as well as a well equipped library across the road.

Business Management BA (Hons)

A brilliant learning curve - staff are supportive and there are many extra curricular activities to get involved with so you are never just doing nothing! Great location and as a new institution it is on the rise.

Psychology and Sociology BSc (Hons)

Year one - Oh if only I had stuck to my guns and not been so certain 'things will get better'. Rooms were changed on a weekly basis, 'lectures' (if you can call them that) were cancelled 5 mins before they were about to begin and staffing 'issues' meant we were without a teacher for weeks on end. Not only the university was proving to have its own problems but the students they let in (which seem to be anyone and anything) were beyond awful. Plagiarism which was conveniently either swept under the carpet or just not checked, mean students 'passed' their year 1 even though the majority of assignments were copy and pasted from the internet. Year 2 - similar thing, staffing issues mean a serious lack of teaching, the teachers that were employed meant I often left feeling uninspired and depressed at the prospect I was paying nearly £4000 a year for this standard of teaching. Year 3 - a serious lack of guidance from a dissertation supervisor and the poorly managed group of people left me upset before during and after every day spent there. After uncovering a 'lecturer' was writing assignments for a pupil (of which there was a very questionable relationship) it was reported and we were promised we would hear of updates on the matter after investigation. Yet again, this was swept under the carpet and we never heard anymore, these students were allowed to graduate after not completing assignments, not doing presentations and not completing group work. This left a bitter taste in the mouth of every person in my year and with a feeling on graduation day that non of our degrees meant anything. Am I happy to have a degree? Yes. Am I utterly ashamed of the institution named on my certificate? Yes. I urge anyone considering this university to stay well clear.

Bioscience BSc (Hons)

in my final year and cant wait to be done, hopefully i can get a job as soon as possible. experience as a whole has been good and ive learnt a lot and has made me want to move here to work and start a life