University of Suffolk

995 University of Suffolk reviews

• University of Suffolk
AM
Alex Maityard

It's a very supportive university, with a student union who are great at trying to engage all students, however Ipswich isn't the most lively place in the UK and it isn't even a major city meaning that night life leaves a little to be desired, along with no official SU bar making it an expensive night out, if you can find a place to go.

AF
Andreea-Gabriela Fratila

I found University of Suffolk such a friendly environment and such a great place to study!! I love their online platform Brightspace which gives us so much support. I know I made the right decision by coming here for my degree .

SH
Solomon Holmes

English BA (Hons)

UOS is a great place to study due to the general feel of the place, it is very welcoming and the facilities are excellent. Staff are helpful and always happy to help. There are a number of great places to hang out, and the university is always holding some sort of exciting event.

LH
Leoni Hall

Business Management BA (Hons)

The UoS campus is spacious and allows study spaces all throughout for students. With a large library facilitating large study group tables, pods for study groups and silent/quiet areas for students, its the perfect space to study when you can't do so in accommodation or at home. The classrooms are bright and airy and are a good environment for learning. The staff are all friendly and the course content is suitable for students.

Steph
First gen student

Sport & Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

I love how the University has a modern feel about it and is really welcoming, it is easy to find the room the lecture is in. The tutors are really committed to giving the best grade possible and are really helpful-they want you to be successful. Online learning was a challenge, not being able to see classmates and tutors. Communication can be challenging but as a Uni, they made it work.

PO
Paraschiva Oglavie

Psychology and Criminology BSc (Hons)

University of Suffolk is great, always when I needed help, was someone around to help at any time. Lecturers helped me not only with my modules but also with my problems when I struggled they were there to guide me and to help me in any way. I am so grateful for everything University of Suffolk provided and also I am so happy that I was able to learn new things and to meet so many wonderful people. Thank you for everything!������

LL
Lucy Laurance
First gen student

The best thing about University of Suffolk is that it is relatively small, so class sizes can be intimate which I believe facilitates a much more involved learner experience. It is so encouraging and welcoming to have staff get to know us as individuals, and the ability to tailor the teaching makes it so much more engaging. I have also really enjoyed the programme of academic events; lectures workshops and seminars with notable professionals in their fields. It has been a great opportunity to expand my learning. One thing that could be improved is availability of course-wide social events. These have been limited predominantly due to Covid, so I expect that these will pick back up in the new academic year.

RM
Rhianna Morris

Because the university is smaller than others, it feels quite personal and community like. The lecturers know your name and are really approachable. However, this also means it can be slightly harder to make friends.

AS
Anon Smith

Diagnostic Radiography BSc (Hons)

I had a good experience at uni when I could. there seems to be a lack of support for students who are expected to be on placement 60% of the time. I have decided to stay at home while on placement as it is cheaper as the uni will no cover the cost of accommodation or travel expenses. there seems to be a lack of communication throughout the university. for my course, I expected to undertake 60 hours elective in a different hospital but doesn't cover the cost of accommodation or travel. The students union is trying to improve but doesn't provide a good student life and environment. This town is already an expensive place, it needs student friendly facilities like a bar. the accommodation (Athena Hall) is extortionate in price and my maintenance loan only covers 60% of the cost forcing me to rely on overdraft and my parents to I can afford to live. I do not recommend this university.

AB
Amy Barr

Business Management BA (Hons)

Some bad teachers who are lazy with not enough content.