1,451 University of Strathclyde reviews

• University of Strathclyde

Ship & Offshore Structures

Strathcylde was my last option but surprisingly I turned down all other admits down and decided to come here. Turns out coming here was the best decision I could have made.

This is one part which I didn’t expect to be so easy. It’s been a month and there have been already 5-7 companies that have held seminars and a few career fairs. I had an interaction with a few of them and there are a large number of opportunities if one is willing to put in some efforts.

Liking mostly is the way the courses are taught. First they teach us a little bit of theory and then that’s followed by extensive practical applications. Well, calling something to be the worst would be an insult to such an amazing system but there are a few subjects which have a natural tendency to make you fall asleep and that’s beyond the teachers to change.

Ummmm can’t say much because I haven’t been to the student union very often but as I have heard from my friends, they are a very helpful bunch and help you in any way possible.

Accommodation
What do you think about the safety, condition, location and cost of your accommodation?

I am residing in Foundry Courtyard and I find this accommodation to be perfect. I have friends staying in Nido St James, Nido Bois, Havannah House and Merchant Studios but so far Foundry has been the best in terms of location, facilities, cost and people. It’s located in a relatively peaceful and calm part of the city which I always prefer. Opposite to the accomodation is a quiet living quarter with lush greenery and a very convenient super market. The rent that I pay along with the living space in my room, the spacious courtyard is perfect. Overall I feel this is the best place one can choose to live in for their Uni years.

In a word „AMAZING“!

My University is a 5 minutes walk from my accomodation. It is absolutely convenient and all the buildings are at the same distance. The walk through the gardens is really peaceful every morning on the way to University.

Once again, coming all the way from India and having a very sporty nature, I have embraced the love for adventure sports from my childhood. Although I didn’t have many facilities back in India all my dreams and passion see reality here. I am part of the strathclyde sailing team and the mountaineering team. I love to go sailing every Wednesday and the occasional mountaineering trips to beautiful places too. The socials offered by the clubs are amazing too. I am a member of Strath sport too and it’s been extremely convenient to keep up my physical fitness goals at one place. Not just a gym it has almost everything you can name that a fitness cum sports centre can offer

It’s the best that one can get.

Aurora

Physics MPhys

The online delivery affected this year experience quite badly, especially at the beginning. We were told we would have switched to a mixed delivery many times but this never happened and created a lot of confusion on what we were expected to do. However, when in second semester became clear this wouldn’t have happened my experience improved a lot. Lecturers and tutors got used to the online delivery, as we did, and it became easier to understand the requirements and the assignments.

Mona

Mechanical Engineering with International Study MEng

Definitely room for improvement but comparing to nanyang technological university where I studied on my year abroad and is ranked top 10 in the world, the quality of the whole course delivery especially regarding the pre-COVID years is very high. Professors in Singapore look up to Strathclyde academically and follow Strathclyde leadership. The course here is very practical and applicable to the current job market, it’s not a traditional textbook taught course like what I experienced in Singapore

Catherine

University of Strathclyde

History and Law BA (Hons)

Very ranged across course module classes and semesters. I did learn but felt that the amount of effort I was putting in was not equal to other students but I felt less support and at a disadvantage for trying. I think that students did not aid some lectures making it much more challenging g instead of collaborative and beneficial. Some lectures and staff were outstanding and others were bare minimal effort giving.

Chris

Project Management & Innovation

Its been overall meh with a lot of added stress due to poor communication. International students have had it the worst as they are paying incredible amounts of money for not a lot of benefits. The uni has required them to remain in the UK just to be met with only online learning.

Luca

Sustainability and Environmental Studies

Studying and the University of Strathclyde has been challenging but rewarding. Staff is knowledgeable and easily approachable, and the facilities are kept very well. Overall, I am proud to be a student in this university and would recommend it to anyone.

Hannah

University of Strathclyde

Accounting & Finance BA (Hons)

Lecturers went above and beyond this year and should be applauded for that. The way the pandemic has been handled by the university is what has resulted in not full marks.

Asia

Human Rights Law

Overall, i feel blessed that i got chance to study at Strathclyde University.i got support from all the staff. Whenever i have asked, a meeting was conducted with me. I was told to share each and every problem. I was supported financially aswell by the University. I received detailed feedback on my assignments, which helped me improve myself further. Whenever i was in stress, i talked to my teachers and they were always there to support me. I encourage everyone to get admission here. I am asking my younger siblings aswell to get admission in this university.

Emma

Chemistry MChem

Felt that this year was quite good under the current circumstances most modules produces high quality online videos, but I do feel like I missed out on a proper uni experience and it defo wasn’t worth £9000.

Danielle

University of Strathclyde

English and Creative Writing and Journalism, Media and Communication BA (Hons)

Overall good — some issues, but I feel these are mostly irrelevant now that my course has been replaced. I do wish journalism had offered placements, for example, to build post-uni relationships. Same can be said for creative writing.