1,451 University of Strathclyde reviews

• University of Strathclyde
Nicola

University of Strathclyde

I am thoroughly enjoying uni so far. My course is a little different so has lots of variation. I am in uni quite a lot and have quite a few early mornings so that can be hard but the days always go really quick.

My department does a lot actually, there are always posters and stuff about informing you of all the above things. They also have a Facebook page. You can attend various clubs and society’s that will also increase your chance of employment.

Important information in lectures are not usually visible or in the power point so you need to listen very carefully. My course has various ways of teaching us so that’s more beneficial as I would get bored just sitting in lectures all day.

The students union is good, I don’t usually utilise it but as I don’t have that many gaps or enough free time

They uni facilities are really good, especially the gym/sports facilities and the library

Glasgow is a very interesting city, everyone is very friendly. I commute in to town by train each morning so it’s very busy, but that’s expected

There are hundreds of clubs and societies you can join. No matter what your interests are you will always be able to find your thing.

Fortunately I have not have to seek any support yet, but if I had to I would certainly know where to get it. Every one has an adivisor and a head of yer who you can talk to if you have a problem. I only have tutorials for two modules and the tutors are very helpful.

Aurora

Physics MPhys

The online delivery affected this year experience quite badly, especially at the beginning. We were told we would have switched to a mixed delivery many times but this never happened and created a lot of confusion on what we were expected to do. However, when in second semester became clear this wouldn’t have happened my experience improved a lot. Lecturers and tutors got used to the online delivery, as we did, and it became easier to understand the requirements and the assignments.

Mona

Mechanical Engineering with International Study MEng

Definitely room for improvement but comparing to nanyang technological university where I studied on my year abroad and is ranked top 10 in the world, the quality of the whole course delivery especially regarding the pre-COVID years is very high. Professors in Singapore look up to Strathclyde academically and follow Strathclyde leadership. The course here is very practical and applicable to the current job market, it’s not a traditional textbook taught course like what I experienced in Singapore

Catherine

University of Strathclyde

History and Law BA (Hons)

Very ranged across course module classes and semesters. I did learn but felt that the amount of effort I was putting in was not equal to other students but I felt less support and at a disadvantage for trying. I think that students did not aid some lectures making it much more challenging g instead of collaborative and beneficial. Some lectures and staff were outstanding and others were bare minimal effort giving.

Chris

Project Management & Innovation

Its been overall meh with a lot of added stress due to poor communication. International students have had it the worst as they are paying incredible amounts of money for not a lot of benefits. The uni has required them to remain in the UK just to be met with only online learning.

Luca

Sustainability and Environmental Studies

Studying and the University of Strathclyde has been challenging but rewarding. Staff is knowledgeable and easily approachable, and the facilities are kept very well. Overall, I am proud to be a student in this university and would recommend it to anyone.

Hannah

University of Strathclyde

Accounting & Finance BA (Hons)

Lecturers went above and beyond this year and should be applauded for that. The way the pandemic has been handled by the university is what has resulted in not full marks.

Asia

Human Rights Law

Overall, i feel blessed that i got chance to study at Strathclyde University.i got support from all the staff. Whenever i have asked, a meeting was conducted with me. I was told to share each and every problem. I was supported financially aswell by the University. I received detailed feedback on my assignments, which helped me improve myself further. Whenever i was in stress, i talked to my teachers and they were always there to support me. I encourage everyone to get admission here. I am asking my younger siblings aswell to get admission in this university.

Emma

Chemistry MChem

Felt that this year was quite good under the current circumstances most modules produces high quality online videos, but I do feel like I missed out on a proper uni experience and it defo wasn’t worth £9000.

Danielle

University of Strathclyde

English and Creative Writing and Journalism, Media and Communication BA (Hons)

Overall good — some issues, but I feel these are mostly irrelevant now that my course has been replaced. I do wish journalism had offered placements, for example, to build post-uni relationships. Same can be said for creative writing.