1,451 University of Strathclyde reviews

• University of Strathclyde
Holly

Master in International Business with a Modern Language MIBML

The best experience ever, I am so glad I came here as I have learned so much about myself. My course is so enjoyable and I know I’m going to love it! I would recommend this experience to anyone.

The careers adviser spoke to us on our first week explaining different opportunities and the importance of looking into employability at earlier stages in our degrees

Most - it’s more laid back and encourages you to take things into your own hands to learn

The union is great, a great place to socialise and meet new people. The union is massive, always a good place to go. Good food and drinks!!

Accommodation
What do you think about the safety, condition, location and cost of your accommodation?

At first I thought it was too basic, but now I love it.

Amazing! So many modern faciliteties. The gym and library are amazing.

I love it, it’s so different but so much better than before. Always something going on and always places to go and see. Met so many people!

The clubs are amazing, so many options

The tutors are so good and so helpful, the support offered is amazing, couldn’t ask for better.

Aurora

Physics MPhys

The online delivery affected this year experience quite badly, especially at the beginning. We were told we would have switched to a mixed delivery many times but this never happened and created a lot of confusion on what we were expected to do. However, when in second semester became clear this wouldn’t have happened my experience improved a lot. Lecturers and tutors got used to the online delivery, as we did, and it became easier to understand the requirements and the assignments.

Mona

Mechanical Engineering with International Study MEng

Definitely room for improvement but comparing to nanyang technological university where I studied on my year abroad and is ranked top 10 in the world, the quality of the whole course delivery especially regarding the pre-COVID years is very high. Professors in Singapore look up to Strathclyde academically and follow Strathclyde leadership. The course here is very practical and applicable to the current job market, it’s not a traditional textbook taught course like what I experienced in Singapore

Catherine

University of Strathclyde

History and Law BA (Hons)

Very ranged across course module classes and semesters. I did learn but felt that the amount of effort I was putting in was not equal to other students but I felt less support and at a disadvantage for trying. I think that students did not aid some lectures making it much more challenging g instead of collaborative and beneficial. Some lectures and staff were outstanding and others were bare minimal effort giving.

Chris

Project Management & Innovation

Its been overall meh with a lot of added stress due to poor communication. International students have had it the worst as they are paying incredible amounts of money for not a lot of benefits. The uni has required them to remain in the UK just to be met with only online learning.

Luca

Sustainability and Environmental Studies

Studying and the University of Strathclyde has been challenging but rewarding. Staff is knowledgeable and easily approachable, and the facilities are kept very well. Overall, I am proud to be a student in this university and would recommend it to anyone.

Hannah

University of Strathclyde

Accounting & Finance BA (Hons)

Lecturers went above and beyond this year and should be applauded for that. The way the pandemic has been handled by the university is what has resulted in not full marks.

Asia

Human Rights Law

Overall, i feel blessed that i got chance to study at Strathclyde University.i got support from all the staff. Whenever i have asked, a meeting was conducted with me. I was told to share each and every problem. I was supported financially aswell by the University. I received detailed feedback on my assignments, which helped me improve myself further. Whenever i was in stress, i talked to my teachers and they were always there to support me. I encourage everyone to get admission here. I am asking my younger siblings aswell to get admission in this university.

Emma

Chemistry MChem

Felt that this year was quite good under the current circumstances most modules produces high quality online videos, but I do feel like I missed out on a proper uni experience and it defo wasn’t worth £9000.

Danielle

University of Strathclyde

English and Creative Writing and Journalism, Media and Communication BA (Hons)

Overall good — some issues, but I feel these are mostly irrelevant now that my course has been replaced. I do wish journalism had offered placements, for example, to build post-uni relationships. Same can be said for creative writing.