1,451 University of Strathclyde reviews

• University of Strathclyde
Natalie

Forensic and Analytical Chemistry MChem

Everything is perfect especially the sports union where you get the chance to be part of any of the 52 sports teams. The university also organises trips that you can join.

They organise careers fairs where employers come and meet students that are interested in working in a specific industry. Also the course is especially designed to meet the employers needs. That's why my degree is 96 hours practical per month

Everything is online which means that you can skip lectures if you need to. There's always support by the lecturers even if it is just a drop in. They try and accommodate every student's needs. Though having labs 4 times a week and then having to submit a lab report is exhausting and doesn't leave much room to study for other classes

It's awesome. It can't get any better. From first aid training to volunteer opportunities and clubs and societies. There is something for everyone. Personally, I don't have much time to get involved as I work during my free time.

Again, there's something for everyone. Gyms and athletic events for the sport's addicts like Fun runs, marathons...the roads are cycling friendly. If you love sports, you can always go to events like Celtic, rangers or even Scotland games. If you prefer nightlife, there's hundreds of pubs. If you're more of a concert person, there's the O2 academy and SSE hydro. If you like museums there's so many of them including the exhibition centre. If you enjoy walks or you are a family person, there's dozens of parks.

There's almost 200 clubs and societies ranging from athletic ones to anything you can think of. There's even a Pokémon club

There's a math skills support center where you can get help for free. It can be a 1 to 1 tutoring lesson or group lessons. You can also drop in whenever. When it comes to counseling, every student has a person development advisor that can help them with academic queries even though every lecturer has an office drop in hour. If it's any other kind of query that you have, there's housing counselors, financial support, mental health centers and also a night line that you can call if you ever want to talk about anything.

Aurora

Physics MPhys

The online delivery affected this year experience quite badly, especially at the beginning. We were told we would have switched to a mixed delivery many times but this never happened and created a lot of confusion on what we were expected to do. However, when in second semester became clear this wouldn’t have happened my experience improved a lot. Lecturers and tutors got used to the online delivery, as we did, and it became easier to understand the requirements and the assignments.

Mona

Mechanical Engineering with International Study MEng

Definitely room for improvement but comparing to nanyang technological university where I studied on my year abroad and is ranked top 10 in the world, the quality of the whole course delivery especially regarding the pre-COVID years is very high. Professors in Singapore look up to Strathclyde academically and follow Strathclyde leadership. The course here is very practical and applicable to the current job market, it’s not a traditional textbook taught course like what I experienced in Singapore

Catherine

University of Strathclyde

History and Law BA (Hons)

Very ranged across course module classes and semesters. I did learn but felt that the amount of effort I was putting in was not equal to other students but I felt less support and at a disadvantage for trying. I think that students did not aid some lectures making it much more challenging g instead of collaborative and beneficial. Some lectures and staff were outstanding and others were bare minimal effort giving.

Chris

Project Management & Innovation

Its been overall meh with a lot of added stress due to poor communication. International students have had it the worst as they are paying incredible amounts of money for not a lot of benefits. The uni has required them to remain in the UK just to be met with only online learning.

Luca

Sustainability and Environmental Studies

Studying and the University of Strathclyde has been challenging but rewarding. Staff is knowledgeable and easily approachable, and the facilities are kept very well. Overall, I am proud to be a student in this university and would recommend it to anyone.

Hannah

University of Strathclyde

Accounting & Finance BA (Hons)

Lecturers went above and beyond this year and should be applauded for that. The way the pandemic has been handled by the university is what has resulted in not full marks.

Asia

Human Rights Law

Overall, i feel blessed that i got chance to study at Strathclyde University.i got support from all the staff. Whenever i have asked, a meeting was conducted with me. I was told to share each and every problem. I was supported financially aswell by the University. I received detailed feedback on my assignments, which helped me improve myself further. Whenever i was in stress, i talked to my teachers and they were always there to support me. I encourage everyone to get admission here. I am asking my younger siblings aswell to get admission in this university.

Emma

Chemistry MChem

Felt that this year was quite good under the current circumstances most modules produces high quality online videos, but I do feel like I missed out on a proper uni experience and it defo wasn’t worth £9000.

Danielle

University of Strathclyde

English and Creative Writing and Journalism, Media and Communication BA (Hons)

Overall good — some issues, but I feel these are mostly irrelevant now that my course has been replaced. I do wish journalism had offered placements, for example, to build post-uni relationships. Same can be said for creative writing.