Student reviews of University of St Andrews

458 University of St Andrews reviews

• University of St Andrews
Megan

University of St Andrews

English and Modern History MA (Hons)

I've loved my university experience. In first year I was unhappy, but this was mostly because I was still settling in and getting used to the work-social life balance. I also wasn't suited to hall-living, and because there weren't many good common-area spaces (the hall was under construction and had shut off its largest wing) I found it difficult making close friends and having to spend so much time in the one room. That being said, it was great for meeting a lot of people. Now that I'm third-year, I'm able to choose modules I find enjoyable, which has made me a more focused student. Balancing society and commitments/show rehearsals with work and social life also comes more easily now, and I have made a lot of close friends. Overall, a very rewarding experience.

Fiona

Modern History MA (Hons)

I have absolutely loved my time at St Andrews, I am dreading the whole experience coming to an end! I have met so many wonderful people here, from all over the world, with whom I have become really close and hope very much to stay in touch with indefinitely. The staff here have been among the most inspiring I have ever met, and have instilled in me a passion for History which I didn't previously know I had within me! The number of opportunities available here for personal and academic development is staggering. And to top it all off, I have loved spending three and a half years in this beautiful, historical city, so rich in culture and life. I would recommend St Andrews to anyone without a moment's hesitation; it has been the perfect uni for me

Izzy

Astrophysics MPhys (Hons)

Overall my unjversity experience has been a very busy time, filled with work and societies and friends. I have found the course interesting but also challenging and the adjustment to university life and study has been well guided.

Eve

University of St Andrews

International Relations with Persian MA (Hons)

Even better than I expected; easier to make friends if you live in halls, good resources, plenty of events for career development, good nightlife even though its a small town.

Morgan

University of St Andrews

Biology and Geography BSc (Hons)

Hana

been okay so far.

Andrei

Hariett

Kate

Social Anthropology MRes

Supervisor is great. Uni overall shamelessly focuses on undergrads to the detriment of staff/ pgr

Catriona

University of St Andrews

International Relations MA (Hons)

Overall really good, but some modules more organised than others!