1,638 University of South Wales reviews

• University of South Wales

University of South Wales

Aircraft Engineering and Maintenance Systems BSc (Hons)

My overall experience at USW has been amazing, I just cant describe how friendly everyone is here, and how amazing all the teachers are. USW is an amazing university to be aswell as being able to study well with the help of lectures and also being able to get to know everyone very easily as it's a small university were you can get to know everyone really well. I am stunned with the amount of support I had over the 3 years I was there.

Katherine

University of South Wales

Media, Culture and Journalism BA (Hons)

Although having a predominantly online experience, I've found that this has benefited me to be able to adapt my way of learning from simply pausing the videos to creating my own timetable to fit around other commitments. Group work has been the hardest in terms of presenting however the staff have taken this into consideration and are available frequently to help with this or anything in general.

Caitlin

University of South Wales

I have been on campus once this academic year due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and so don’t feel as though I’ve had as great an experience as I could have potentially had. Even though it’s not ideal, I feel as though I’ve learned a lot through online learning and my lecturers have been very supportive.

Jayden

University of South Wales

Television & Film Set Design BA (Hons)

Not that's its the university or the tutors fault, however with covid it has been a very hard year, mentaly but also because I'm studying a practical it's been harder because I've not had access to workshop

Ad

University of South Wales

MBA (Master of Business Administration)

Guys! Please avoid taking this course. teacher gives the wrong pieces of advice. He believes that low-cost and high-quality strategies exist (cost leadership strategy exists), and a business dictionary is an academic source of information. But if u use this source of information in your assignment, he will punish you. He is full of incompetence.

Dan

MSc Crime and Justice

I enjoyed my BSc studies but was less satisfied with my MSc course. Support and communication was poor and there was a long delay in the approval of our final grades.

Chemistry BSc (Hons)

Overall, my experience at the university was amazing. Professors, students, lab techs, everyone were very nice and helpful. They also gave us a chance to go on campus and have our labs despite covid, because they wanted us tk succeed.

Ibrahim

University of South Wales

Aeronautical Engineering (Including Foundation Year) BEng (Hons)

Some lecturers are really good can support you 24/7 but some won't even take a look at your mail and are selective in response we were 3 friends we mailed at same time only one of us got a reply the rest were snubbed Online lectures to be honest was a waste of the year cuz majority didn't learn anything and hurts to stare at the screen for long and as for value for money especially as an international student I can say not even half was met

Morgan

Computing BSc

Unfortunately due to the pandemic, it hasn’t been the best it could be but USW have done there best in the circumstances. Overall hoping September will be better once face to face lectures and activities can continue.

Zoe

University of South Wales

Natural History BSc (Hons)

Could of been handled a lot better with COVID and support to students. Wasn’t great for student mental health, not knowing anything that was happening and things being constantly changed, especially for my course which had lots of fieldwork and trips for them to be substituted for written work. Some online lectures were delivered well but it depended on what lecturer was delivering it. Some online lectures were extremely difficult to follow along as it would of been delivered face-to-face in computer labs so it’s difficult to know if you are doing things correctly without having a lecturer to see