1,163 University of Sheffield reviews

• University of Sheffield
Nell

Physics and Astrophysics with Study Abroad MPhys

Overall I have enjoyed my year here, the university is very welcoming and people are very open to help you get the best out of being at university. The students union is amazing and a great space to work in.

Julia

Orthoptics BMedSci (Hons)

Although this year was very different that what students are used to, overall the lecturers tried to facilitate online teaching for us students by using different techniques were possible, aswell as taking back student feedback. I'm quite satisfied with my course overall and I am eager to go back to in person lectures as well as try to enjoy the uni life for my last year at the University of Sheffield.

Sophie

Architecture MArch

University of Sheffield have been adequate this year, the uni itself is money grabbing and doesn't care much for its students, the covid fund has helped a very small amount, but if you are in need of money due to unfortunate circumstances, they make it very difficult. The lecturers and tutors have been the back bone of this year. You can tell they want to help as much as possible and care about your wellbeing above all else, doing everything to accommodate and make everyone welcome.

Jasmine

University of Sheffield

English Literature BA (Hons)

Despite covid my uni experience has been amazing i’ve still learnt lots of new things on my course and being in second year and part of a society has made up for it but it’s a shame we’re paying so much, especially for drama where I can’t learn in person which is needed

Nikita

University of Sheffield

Biomedical Science with a Year Abroad BSc (Hons)

Very good experience. Especially socially, i love the people here and everyone is very accepting, especially being a poc in a university where there aren’t many poc’s. The uni supports us as much as possible and is very good academically.

Tom

University of Sheffield

Electrical and Electronic Engineering MEng (Hons)

Whilst the teaching staff have all been reat I think it is an outrage that we have been charged the full £9k. The University obviously doesn't have the funds to repay the fees, the goverment should step in.

Ellie

University of Sheffield

Japanese Studies BA (Hons)

My experience so far has been as good as it can given the circumstances. I’d like to have been able to spend time with my classmates and be living in halls rather than at home, but obviously these aren’t circumstances the university can control. The university is clearly doing it’s best to offer students the best it can.

Andrew

University of Sheffield

Chemical Engineering with a Year in Industry MEng (Hons)

I have a had a good experience considering the uncertainty of the last 8 months. The university has been very supportive and helpful, and I feel like there has been clear communication from them. Although I have missed out on a lot of in person teaching, the few sessions I have been able to attend have been useful and I look forward to being able to make the most of the facilities in the future

Finlay

Graduate Entry Medicine MB ChB

This year has been hard on everyone but I have been extremely lucky that my course has had a lot of in person contact meaning opportunities to get out of the house and see people in placement.

Pirithika

University of Sheffield

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

First year of studies were good as there was no covid but now all lectures are online and for the worth of £9250 and no practicals avaliable for us to do i personally dont think its worth it like other students. But as a university they did most things they can and i think thats very nice of them