University of Salford | Student Reviews

1,217 University of Salford reviews

• University of Salford
Alice

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

Everything for my course has been online so not the practical experience I was expecting when I applied. However, the modules have been adapted a d delivered online - with industry relevant teaching.

University of Salford

Real Estate Surveying (Asset Management) BSc (Hons)

Very good, I loved online lectures and no travel and still get to have personal conversations, a little bit too much money for what we are receiving however the degree in my case is still quite good in terms of learning new information about my topic, a lot of self study this year.

Y
Yaiza

University of Salford

Film Production BA (Hons)

It's been very enjoyable, obviously it would have been better if COVID hadn't happened as I feel like I've missed out on a lot of learning and the uni experience overall hut considering the circumstances it has been very good

University of Salford

Computer Science with Foundation Year BSc (Hons)

I just obviously wish I was taught in class as I am really bad at learning from home. I can get easily distracted and become lazy when at home making me worse at deadlines for assignments and course work. However it’s still nice being on university campus even if we have not gone in it so it’s not been all terrible.

University of Salford

Children and Young Peoples Nursing with a Health Care Foundation Year BSc (Hons)

Overall, i would just avoid this uni at all costs please do not go there. If you do most likely you will suffer. Especially if you have mental illness, which is quite severe (eg really bad anxiety or depression etc), they’re not supportive at all. I can see enrollment of students is 18K however 2yrs ago it was 19K, so less students have been applying and more have dropped out. I would not recommend this university to anyone!!! The only good thing is the view of the campus. Thats it. And the career advisors and librarians and food service people. Thats about it.

University of Salford

Diagnostic Radiography BSc (Hons)

Overall my experience in 2nd year has been challenging due to the covid pandemic. Teaching has been moved online, and on clinical placement there were alot more Covid19 patients in wards than non covid. However I did manage to develop my practical skills in clinical skills. Academic support was ok, and the content for assessments were a lot but doable.

Alexis

Fashion Design BA (Hons)

I find it quite difficult at times to be motivated as it’s online and I feel like I work better knowing there is someone I can talk to without having to email them

Robbyn

University of Salford

If you are thinking of attending this university don't bother, even before the pandemic there was little to no help and support. During my final year my Dissertation supervisor left and didn't tell me and the university didn't bother to assign me a new supervisor so I've missed out on 3 months of work time emailing somebody for help that wasn't even there. I completely understand that the lecturers are struggling with the pandemic as well as students but there is absolutely no support available, you'll be lucky if you get an email back from lecturers in 2 weeks, by then the assignment you needed help on has been and gone. I got an unconditional offer and no wonder they give them out to everyone that applies, its a terrible university thats so desperate for students that they entice them in with unconditional offers and then leave the students to fend for themselves the whole time they're there. Save yourself the stress and don't waste your time at this University.

Jack

MA Production Management for TV, Film and Digital Media

Slow year, mainly worked outside of course on other projects related to the my subject degree. Had a very promising and well-delivered start, but has stagnated since then.

Faatemah

University of Salford

Quantity Surveying BSc (Hons)

I learn much better in person being in the classroom and although I have adapted i would have absorbed the material much better had it not been for the lockdown.