University of Salford

1,245 University of Salford reviews

• University of Salford
AC
Annabelle Cooper

Psychology of Human and Animal Behaviour BSc (Hons)

If you’re still wanting to experience the city life without feeling in the centre then University of Salford is great. Although Salford it’s self is very run down in certain areas, but towards Manchester it’s a lot better. Around the campus it is so pretty and there is so much green space. The library is massive and such a nice place to study. On campus living is so ideal and convenient, and there are so many student houses in the area that is cheap and affordable, such as Waterside village owned by student cribs (gated student village). The student union has so many options for drinks and even sells alcoholic slushies which most don’t. Take out options are massive and everything can be delivered here, even food shops. For the course I did our main class size is 7, then when we go with general psychology it goes to 30 in person. All the lectures make an effort to get to know you and they are so helpful in every way possible. I could not recommend the uni more

AB
Ashley Buck

Construction HNC

I am currently carrying out my HNC at Salford city college at future skills centre. I have had incredible support through my college experience. I am currently on maternity leave and struggled to tackle both college and home life due to a new baby and a house move. However, I have had the support off my tutors and I am looking forward to powering though once I return.

RB
Ronak Botla

Construction Project Management with Foundation Year BSc (Hons)

One of the best in Manchester

AO
Ashley Odedina

Biochemistry BSc (Hons)

The lecturers are very nice and helpful however the university (when it comes to my course) is very unorganised. They keep changing things in the module which makes the lecturers themselves confused. The living situations is not good either. Eddie Coleman and John Lester is run down and unhygienic. Silverfish worms every where. The university just invests in peel park (which is just for first years). There are hardly any accommodations that is near the university and the one that are close are extremely expensive (paying £200+ per week). If you do get accommodation that is further away you still need to pay for transport which puts money out of your pocket.

MW
Max Worrall

Fashion Design BA (Hons)

Amazing facilities, really nice staff and tutors for my course. Everyone very much gets along with the student vibes. Student funding could be improved as some of those sectors are missed out on. Some help is shown on the University website but when asking for the help the university askus act as if it doesn't exist. The askus also are very much pick and choose with certain ways to help. This needs to be improved massively, however I've not had any other problems with my course, tutors or student life!

U
Umut

Sound Engineering and Production with Professional Experience BSc (Hons)

As an international student I’m very disappointed. I’ve moved countries just because of the way my course was advertised and now in my second year I’m certain that I’ve wasted my time and a huge amount of money.

Sean

Biochemistry BSc (Hons)

I like all of the resources availability

AW
Ashleigh Warrington

Media Make-Up for Fashion (Taught at Salford City College) FdA

great support of teachers. Very supportive and help you get to where you need. Would be nice to have a library to study in in the Salford city university centre building. Nice soup.

Nahim

Helpful people/teachers

MS
Mollie smith

Media Make-Up for Fashion (Taught at Salford City College) FdA

best- good support, support session on a Tuesday, teacher push you, access to uni buildings, soup is GOOD worst- change things at last minute, nice library to work in would be nice in this building