University of Reading | Student Reviews

1,732 University of Reading reviews

• University of Reading
Dannielle

University of Reading

PGCE Primary with Special Educational Needs (5-11)

Overall experience has been good all lectures have been insightful and the lecturers have done their best when it comes to online teaching. The experience has been good and the value for money is well worth it.

Maisha

University of Reading

While it has been an unfamiliar and unprecedented transition to remote learning, on the whole the university has adapted efficiently to provide a good standard of learning. New initiatives have been introduced such as ‘Life Tools’ webinars to help students with the difficulties of online learning and keeping motivated.

Katie
01 Aug 20

University of Reading

Ethics, Value and Philosophy BA (Hons)

I've really loved my experience generally at the university so far! Although I feel there have been issues with the universities response to the COVID-19 situation. Which I think is unfortunate because until then I was having a really amazing experience with the uni. Generally I have felt really supported by the university, and I absolutely love my department, all the lecturers and PHD students who run the seminars are lovely. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming and there is loads on offer for you!

24 Jul 20

University of Reading

English Literature and Theatre BA (Hons)

What made this university for me were the people. The university itself is not great. During my time here there have been four students deaths, there has been a lack of care for student wellbeing and the students of my year have faced strikes, covid and such awful messing around by the university. They released our results late and incorrectly and offered no explanation as to why or any condolences, and then every lecturer and office admin took leave during results release period which was so inconvenient as when students encountered problems no one was there to help. My course was interesting enough but FTT response to joint students was awful and many joints felt out of place, unknown and just very lost in that department and that side of our degree which was just very sad, My university experience was great, but the university itself was not.

Lewis

University of Reading

Building Surveying BSc (Hons)

Reading has provided me with a skill set, which can be applied to my grad job. I have enjoyed the three years. The work load can be heavy at some points, managing this is important.

Daniel

University of Reading

Biological Sciences BSc (Hons)

My uni experience has been good so far. I have had the opportunity to do things that I never imagined that I would be able to do. My advice for new student would be to not have too many expectations as to what uni is going to be like just come with an open mind and a positive attitude and you will have an amazing time.

Aysha

University of Reading

Biological Sciences BSc (Hons)

Very enjoyable, i like the structure of a timetable and so far have really enjoyed the different lectures. The social side has been good and my time in halls has been great

University of Reading

English Language and Linguistics BA (Hons)

I love Reading as a uni but am not a huge fan of the town itself. The community atmosphere here is really strong. I would encourage students to get involved with a society to get the most of of their experience.

Tatiane

Pharmacy MPharm (Hons)

University can be somewhat daunting, I have regular 9-6pm days which can be exhausting, with exams mixed in whilst still having the burden of making lecture notes for said exams. As things like social life and simple errands like cooking, but I do have fun. But not always

Min

University of Reading

Mathematics with Computer Science BSc (Hons)

To be honest, it hasn’t been the worst. I’ve enjoyed my time at uni despite having an a fairly large workload (which I suppose is expected). The university provided sufficient facilities as well.