1,579 University of Portsmouth reviews

• University of Portsmouth
Shelley

University of Portsmouth

Dental Hygiene BSc (Hons)

It has been difficult during the pandemic. Being on a course were interaction with the public is vital for experience, Portsmouth have tried extremely hard to ensure this is carried out. Personally Online lectures have helped as I am able to rewatch as many times. I feel that I haven't received the university experience and worry that I have not seen as many patients necessary to be competent however I still have one year to go. It seems Portsmouth have plans in place to enable us to make up for the disrupted pandemic.

Criminal Justice (Distance Learning) MSc

Good educational journey. Good and known lecturers. Definitely this academic year was a great challenge. Knowledge that I gained will definitely help me at my job as a Compliance Executive.

Jamie

University of Portsmouth

Electronic Engineering BEng (Hons)

Because of covid I didn't go into university at all during the year. The online lectures were good, but there was no interaction and no opportunity to learn by talking to other students or working together on projects in shared spaces, even if those spaces were online. I went from being a straight A student to barely even scraping passes.

Gabrielle

University of Portsmouth

Paramedic Science BSc (Hons)

Considering COVID-19 has hindered many things, I am pleased with the support I have received. However, I have not had one lecture in uni, therefore I think the fees should be less.

David

University of Portsmouth

Computer Science BSc (Hons)

My whole experience has been from my bed watching a computer screen and being in a zoom call so I can't say much. But what I can say is, the available resources are great and almost every lecture is recorded and uploaded on Moodle for us to view anytime we want if we missed it, even weeks after the lecture has been done if we wanted to revisit something. All of the emails I have sent out the professors relating to questions about the subject have been answered and most of my worries and enquires about exams have been answered too. There isn't much more to talk about apart from that, I was expecting a "student life" a year ago but I just feel bored and have no reason to go outside, I feel like the only purpose I have is to attend my lesson, do my homework, and go to sleep. It's not the uni's fault for this, it's mostly because of the coronavirus situation and there isn't much the uni can do. Definitely not worth the student debt I will have to pay back tho.

Olga

Humanities and Social Sciences (Distance Learning) MRes

Staff is very supportive and offer individual approach when it comes to teaching. I felt that staff understood the concerns that we may have as students and addressed them before we even spoke about it, which shows great depth of understanding and commitment to the profession. Very happy with my first year studying here, now considering completing my masters with Portsmouth Uni.

Eleanor

University of Portsmouth

Television and Broadcasting BSc (Hons)

It has been an amazing experience for my first year at Portsmouth but for obvious reasons, if COVID-19 hadn't have been here it would've been so much better for my course and social aspects.

International Business and Management MSc

University will be need to understand about our covid situation how we are trouble. We are International student they should be decrease our fee some for covid situation online classes.

Kylie

University of Portsmouth

Criminology with Psychology BSc (Hons)

Overall, the university experience is not what I expected due to Covid 19, however I have learnt how to be independent, manage my money, etc along with getting a valuable degree

Ines

University of Portsmouth

Law with International Relations LLB (Hons)

University is good overall, but this year was online teaching only, which made the whole experience and tuition fees not valuable. There’s also a good system support if you looked for it and teachers try to help you