University of Plymouth | Student Reviews

2,391 University of Plymouth reviews

• University of Plymouth

University of Plymouth

Environmental Management and Sustainability BSc (Hons)

It’s been a tough year, I have not had in person taught content since March 9th 2020, and then spend the following months recovering from a tough bout of covid. The assignments have been of a good interesting standard, however the lectures have become quite unengaging. Being forced to do it online is a factor to consider, but some of the content felt very 1st year of degree in terms of standards. But pre pandemic it has been a good experience at uni overall.

Kani

Dental Surgery BDS

Not much to do in the city but is growing as a city and becoming more multicutural. Lots of exposure to pstients and lots of clinical time from first year which has helped build confidence on clinic

John
20 Aug 20

University of Plymouth

Good mostly..working in Art Studio at Royal William Yard was AWESOME ..thats now finished as Fine Art moved back to Main Campus and its just another city university experience now ;-)

Ellinor

Filmmaking BA (Hons)

Having been at university for two years already, I can say that moving to Plymouth was one of the best steps I took in life - I've made some amazing friends, been given great opportunities within my course and the societies on offer at the university, and have a better idea of what I want to do with my life after university than I did when I first started my courses (both the Foundation and my current Filmmaking course).

Ahmed

University of Plymouth

Biomedical Science with Foundation Year BSc (Hons)

Meeh meeh meeh meeeeh meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeéeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Lily

University of Plymouth

Primary (KS1/KS2 with QTS) BEd (Hons)

I’ve loved it, and met so many lovely people, especially through doing sport, so make sure you get involved. My course has also be really interesting, so I have enjoyed that too.

Anna

University of Plymouth

Amazing experience to gain skills - both clinical and interpersonal, along side many extra curricular activities. Enthusiastic, proactive knowledgeable staff and lots of placement opportunities.

Megan

University of Plymouth

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

Fantastic I am enjoying it a lot especially the fairs where I can see whats out there for me. My grades are fairly high as I have the opportunity to get clear lectures bit also support if I don't understand it. PALs is amazing and honest. There is a good uni-work-social life balance.

Brenda

University of Plymouth

It’s a good way to learn while combining it with work or other hobbies. However mental health support should be a bigger focus . Even if students don’t turn up to lectures for a while, some sort of communication should happen to ensure wellbeing

Filmmaking BA (Hons)

It’s very different to my old life as I have moved away from my whole family in Portsmouth and moved 5 hours away to Plymouth on my own. I love meeting new people and doing the course I love so it’s still fun.