University of Oxford | Student Reviews

814 University of Oxford reviews

• University of Oxford
Pranav

Law BA (Hons)

I felt that the law faculty could have done a bit more to make students feel like their interests are important. Many students expected the faculty to try and arrange for online social events, but no such efforts were taken. Online classes came no where close to how amazing in-person classes are for learning. It would have been appreciated if the University did not try to exaggerate in their advertisements about their efforts in trying to ensure a quality of education through the online mode.

Peter

University of Oxford

French and German BA (Hons)

My overall experience at Oxford has been overwhelmingly positive - having the opportunity to benefit from world-class facilities and high-quality academics at my fingertips is something for which I will be forever grateful. I am excited to pursue a enriching linguistic career upon graduation!

Jena

University of Oxford

German and Czech (with Slovak) BA (Hons)

This year has been really nice in terms of getting used to the Oxford workload. While covid has limited the social side of things it has given me the time to adjust to work. This term the social side has come back and I feel well equipped to balance everything. My tutors have been really good at supporting me and my tute group through this tricky year. They've all been very understanding and accomodating to my mental health needs. Although my tutors have clearly done their best, online learning hasn't been as good as in-person. I feel that there are still significant insecurities in my knowledge due to the open-book nature of our exams and teaching.

Samuel

Music DPhil

Considering the significant barriers to socialising and general life at University, I think the experience I have had this academic year has been really quite good. The university has, on the whole, managed the situation quite well - but my college (Queen’s) has adopted a particularly good stance which has enabled adherence to the government guidelines, whilst allowing the junior members to enjoy the experience as much as possible.

Eugene

Applied Theology MTh

The college and university have tried their best to make sure that the quality of education wasn't diminished this year because of COVID-19. This year being my dissertation year, with more emphasis on self-study and research instead of lots of contact hours with tutors, made it so that I didn't feel the impact as much as I might have in a different course. My supervisors this year have been excellent, so even though I didn't have a lot of contact hours, each tutorial session I had with them allowed me to hone my research further and further.

Integrated Immunology MSc

Although COVID made things inconvenient for everyone, my course was still really enjoyable with great support from the coordinators ensuring that all our needs are met. Challenging but fruitful year!

Issy

Japanese BA (Hons)

Obviously not being on campus last term was not ideal, and online learning has had its challenges, but overall I’ve really enjoyed my course so far and felt supported by the university.

Gabriel

Mathematics MMath

Accommodation, location, teaching, facilities all of a very high standard. Life can be quite intense and sometimes overwhelmingly busy at points though.

Rhys

Mathematics MMath

Overall very happy, just things here and there to be improved.

Jenny