1,063 University of Nottingham reviews

• University of Nottingham
Diana

University of Nottingham

American and Canadian Studies BA (Hons)

Everything has been online, although it’s been difficult to navigate online learning, the university have tried their absolute best. Although the support provided at Nottingham is phenomenal, it’s still very different to face to face lectures and hoping in the future we can go back to normality.

University of Nottingham

Starting university online has been a novel experience for everyone, students and the university staffs included. I think our law department handled the new situation quite well, by hosting sessions to prepare students for take-home exams and by being receptive and introspective on how teaching methods could be improved. In terms of departments outside academics/law, I'm dissapointed in the institution's adamant refusal in lowering the tuition fees as it's quite blatant, given the inability for us students to use school facilities as we once were able to, that we're overcharged. Especially since I'm paying double the fees as an international student, during this difficult times.

Dinuja

University of Nottingham

Medicinal and Biological Chemistry MSci (Hons)

Overall my experience at Nottingham University has been very delightful as I am always offered help and it is very easy to access help and advice. Content from online learning has been quite large this year and sometimes difficult to handle.

Ella

Veterinary Medicine BVM BVS

The course and learning has amazing, although the separate campus has felt isolating at time and it has been hard to get out and meet new people however that has been getting easier as restrictions are being lifted

Georgia

University of Nottingham

Nursing (Children) BSc (Hons)

Support has been available but sometimes unclear on the way to approach it. The university in general has been clear with updates in a timely manner at most times with weekly email updates. But my course had at times been unorganized and frustrating especially considering the massive weight of going into practice placement within the NHS during a pandemic.

caroline

University of Nottingham

French and History BA (Hons)

The access to campus was valued and the libraries etc. But there is little communication between departments which makes student support challenging as well as joint honours students not as involved as others

Georgia

Nutrition and Dietetics MNutr

With covid not as good as previous years but considering everything going on I have still been able to go on placement. Receive frequent emails from uni about what is going on on campus safely

Jessica

English BA (Hons)

I have thoroughly enjoyed my modules and learning their content. On the whole, I think the staff in the English department have done an excellent job with the transition to online learning; as much as I would have loved to have my teaching in person this year, I still felt very supported by members of staff and have been able to form good working relationships with my tutors. I’ve had lots of feedback on my work throughout the year, which I feel has helped improve the quality of my writing in preparation for assessments. However I do feel that sometimes the weekly preparation workload can be a bit overbearing, likewise with coursework deadlines, as this semester I have had four essays due over three days and I feel as though because of this I have not completed any of my assessments to my best standard of work.

University of Nottingham

Politics and International Relations BA (Hons)

Very varied Few contact hours Lack of communication from tutors Lack of respect from university itself Doesn’t feel worth the money Contact hours aren’t even set to increase next year to compensate

Lucy

University of Nottingham

Modern Languages BA (Hons)

My overall experience this year has been very different to what I expected but I think I’ve made the best of a bad situation. I have plenty of online contact hours (which are live rather than pre-recorded) which I’m grateful for, although I’m definitely developing Teams fatigue now! The careers service has been amazing in helping me to gain experience in a time when it is difficult to do that.