University of Northampton | Student Reviews

1,172 University of Northampton reviews

• University of Northampton

University of Northampton

Go elsewhere if you are a BAME student. Always speak to staff in public rooms and leave a paper trail when communicating, If you are a BAME student do not do the Human Bioscience course. I am predicted a first and hoping to finish. Some of the lecturers on this course a very unprofessional and passive aggressive and are different in private in comparison to in public (There are a few good lecturers but my overall experience at the Uni is negative). The nutrition lecturer is very petty. I was a student advocate in my first year and he invited me into a private room after I brought forward feedback about the module. He invited me into a private room and then shouted at me that because of what I had done his module would not be in the new Biomedical science course.

David

Entrepreneurship/Business BA (Hons)

Very innovative university which helped me choose a vocational degree that offered practical learning from supportive lecturers. The uni has a great social aspect and is centrally located in England which is good for exploring more of the country and only an hour away from London.

Student
15 Jun 20

University of Northampton

Children and Young People's Nursing BSc (Hons)

Facilities are good, more room needed for studying. The learning development team in the library are amazing. The support overall was totally lacking on what is already a very stressful and demanding course, sometimes went weeks without replies to urgent emails,

University of Northampton

Psychology (Counselling) BSc (Hons)

Overall, my course was decent. Staff are just under a lot of pressure and are overworked. The university itself is dreadful. I would honestly say that had it not been for the friends I had made I would have dropped out. The facilities are bad, it is very expensive and overall just a bad experience. It doesn't feel like a university, more like a college. They are in no way helpful during difficult situations, and only seem to care about getting money. Anywhere else is better than this university.

Emoke

University of Northampton

Fashion (with Foundation Year) BA (Hons)

I like it. Hope to get more. It has many opportunities, several societies and good training possibilities for developing personal skills and professional skills.

BL
Boss lady

University of Northampton

Not what I was sold but it wasn’t bad it turned out okay. When coming here just try make the most of the experience. Try to fully use the resources given to you and you’ll be able to thrive

V
Vivien

Adult Nursing BSc (Hons)

I’m loving it however I feel like they aren’t really strict on us which makes us a little lazier then I was at college. The lecturers are lovely and nice however you do need to listen in lecturers as after wards you will forget everything and sometimes there isn’t opportunity to look it back unless you ask the tutor to upload it.

Jo

University of Northampton

Professional Policing BA (Hons)

The course is amazing. I would highly recommend it and can not fault it at all. The university is terrible. It offers no support at all, the facilities are always broken and in need of repair and they don’t ever care. My course is 5/5, my university is 0/5

Katie

University of Northampton

International Tourism Management/Events Management BA (Hons)

Interesting. Got involved with loads of opportunities, and now work for the uni. Learnt a lot about the industry, and had hands on application to my work. Lecturers are all great, helpful and enthusiastic

Rebecca

University of Northampton

Interior Architecture & Spatial Design BA (Hons)

Great but a bit overwhelming would be good if at the start they taught life skills like making schedules how to get organized cause I struggle with that Northampton itself is a dangerous city don't feel to safe their is a variety of things to do and Milton Keynes is really a great place to visit and close on the train